75 Monza (rhd) rebuild

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 75 Monza (rhd) rebuild

Postby Kenova » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:48 am

:th:
It's good to see the project is alive and well.
I spent a few minutes reviewing your build pictures. I am amazed at what you blokes will do to comfortably drive a North American car on the wrong side of the road. :lol: Does this not take all of the fun out of passing a truck on the highway? :lol:
All kidding aside, you chaps Down Under are some of the most hard core rodders I've come across.
Given the chance I would gladly buy you a beer. :cheers:
Again, :th:

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby sirrick4 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:00 pm

G'day Ian. The car looks great mate woof!! I'm jealous :mrgreen: The Camaro air dam looks like it was made for the car. Where did you get your bonnet scoop from, it looks really good. I think I'm going to have to go that way with what I've done to the motor. I've run into "lack of money" problems so mine is still sitting on stands all stripped down.
[quote][Does this not take all of the fun out of passing a truck on the highway?] Ken - it does but it also keeps your heart at an even pace :lol: It's either that or have a good passenger to spot for you as I will probably have to do when I finally get mine on the road
Rick ......1975 Monza 2+2
sirrick4

Postby qld monza » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:20 am

Thanks Guys.... Ken if your down Vegas way the end of october(Sema Show)i will take you up on that beer offer :D .Rick a decent Panel beater should be able to knock one up for you or a mate of mine might be able to help you down here in Brisbane he makes roadster bodys for 33-34 fords and chevs so he has all the gear to make one if you have no luck up there.
qld monza

1975 Chevrolet Monza Hatchback

Postby Kenova » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 pm

qld monza wrote:.... Ken if your down Vegas way the end of october(Sema Show)i will take you up on that beer offer :D ....

You have no idea how much I would like to be in Vegas for SEMA, but I'm afraid it just isn't in the cards. :bang:

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby qld monza » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 am

Ken i'll have one maybe two nar three or four beers for you :cheers:
qld monza

Postby Kenova » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm

...... and I'll take a few Aspirin for you. :lol:

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby qld monza » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 am

Four's about my limit then sleep mode takes over....i'm a cheap shout zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ian
qld monza

Postby qld monza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 am

Well we had a great time on our holiday in the U.S.The Street Rodder tour to Sema was fantastic met some great people and their cars went to plenty of street rod workshops and car museums public and private,and Sema what can i say so much to take in.But back to reality must finish the Monza have been working on the interior plastic panels which were very soft and chalky .i sanded them back as much as possible to a sound base then coated them with 2 to 3 coats of Flowcoat for repairing fibreglass with a brush after the last coat i used a elcheapo paint roller to give the surface a bit of texture then painted them with VHT Hood Bumper And Trim urethane paint in satin black.not perfect but looks a whole lot better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qld monza

Postby qld monza » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 am

I have been slack the Monza has been back on the road a couple of months now .Here is the finished article hope you like it. :th:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qld monza

Postby stage169 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Nice Job! :th:

Brian
stage169

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Nice job Ian! That has to really stand out over there, can't be many Monza's let alone RHD :th: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby qld monza » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 am

Thanks Brian and Harry it really stands out now that it's painted red turns a few heads over here . I am getting it ready for the annual Chevrolet Festival this year in Golburn New South Wales a good 1600 mile round trip late September . :th:
qld monza

Previous

Return to Project Journals