My First Car 73 Vega Project

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

My First Car 73 Vega Project

Postby cpettersen73 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am

Just Bought myself A 73 vega GT. Still working on getting it to my house, ill post pictures once i get it here. Some of my major goals with this project are to build it with a bit of unique power plant i dont really want to build one with a V8 because i just want to try something a little bit different than what you would expect to be under the hood, some of the options ive been considering have been a turbocharged quad 4 or a turbocharged ecotec, the only issue ive had with these is that they are both FWD configurations (apart from the pontiac solstice which came with a RWD ecotec). I dont need something too powerful because its going to be my first car (im 15 so i have about a year to try to get a running vehicle)
Now about the car, it doesnt have a huge amount of rust just a couple of spots around the windshield. Its mostly there except for the following parts: headlights, tailights, lower front fascia, rear fascia, seats (not a porblem, ive located a back seat and i was going to run racing seats in the front anyways), motor, and transmission (another thing i wasn't going to use anyways). If anyone has any information on where i could find any of these (perferably used because im kind of on a budget). anyways i think this is a good start to the thread so comment away im thankful for any suggestions.
cpettersen73

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: My First Car 73 Vega Project

Postby ol55 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Congratulations on your first car! I look forward to seeing the pics.

Larry
'73 Vega GT Hatchback hot rod.
'76 Cosworth
ol55

Return to Project Journals