1976 Cosworth

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

1976 Cosworth

Postby Cosworth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 am

I bought a pair of vega cosworths neither were in restorable condition so I took them and am making a vega race-car/pro-street. I cut all of the original floor out from the firewall back and built-in a frame and back halfed the car for a 9" rear and large tires. Ive always loved these cars heres a few pictures of what I had to do to save these.

Yes there is a vega back there, with help from my brother we chopped down approximately 20 feet of brush, weeds etc. Then dug down a 6 ft tall dirt pile that had been dumped directly in our path some 6-10 years ago. I only have pictures of the one but Both ARE Cosworth Vegas both still had full interior but mostly chalked up and trashed. I still have one of the Cosworth Gauge panels with the number but sold the second to a member in need. Only had 1 Cosworth engine and sold it to a member as well as a 5 speed trans.

Ill take some pictures and post how she sits now this evening.

Cosworth

Re: 1976 Cosworth

Postby chevyart » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

damm Cos thats a real trip finding old cars that way. why were they put back there that way all those years ago? i would really like to see your finished product. think you said its a drag car. nice work saving those old warriors art
chevyart

Postby Cosworth » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 am

The guy I got them from's Dad put them there with intentions of restoring them then they caught some people trying to steal one of them and dumped several truck loads of dirt infront of them to keep that from happening. From what I was told they had sat back there for around 10-15 years long enough for the weed forest to grow up around em but they were both setting ontop of sheets of plywood. When I made the deal for them they were supposed to get them out for me and closer to the road but after waiting for 3 weeks and they hadnt even attempted it I lost patience and got them myself. Its probably for the best they would have torn the car up trying to get it out.
Cosworth

Postby Cosworth » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Got ahold of a tail panel wasted no time fitting it up. Planning on working out a roll pan to get rid of the rear bumper.

Cosworth

Postby waybad » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:05 pm

wow.. what a start!!
Tinker
waybad

Return to Project Journals