75 Oldsmobile Starfire Procharged, HolleyEFI,Wilwood

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 75 Oldsmobile Starfire procharged 25 psi

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Sun May 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Sunula66 wrote::shock: :th: :th: ...Amazing to say the least! Super KOOL! 8) every H-Body dreams of this :lol:
where in the world of Sweden did this car ever come from or did you import it yourself, would like the short history on it....thanks Ron AKA sunula66

Ron thanks yes its fun every day I can drive it.
there was a rather big import of H-body 75-76 -77 then it stopped very few is left, the rust took them all and Drag racing chassis was popular.So most are cut tubbed etc Very few are untouched. The cars are cheap here, no one wants them.
I bought mine in Sweden it had a 400 CSB and was in a bad condition after I got home and inspected it more.
I have a -76 Monza with 262 all original and I even owned a Sunbird with a 305 chevy manual 4 speed but I had to let it go.
Björn
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Re: 75 Oldsmobile Starfire procharged 25 psi

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 am

DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg
DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0276.jpg

It has been very slow in the garage due to much work
But I post some pictures on the Holley EFI DOMINATOR that's going into the car
I had to mount the coils in the air damp there wasn't enough room.
The coils need 40 Amp relay to function and give that spark under boost
My goal is a uncut hood
And there is much cables to hook up to the eight coils
The injectors are 120 lbs so they can handle all that E-85
I reely hope to get out for a test in September.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Re: 75 Oldsmobile Starfire procharged Now Holley EFI DOMINA

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello
I just say check out CAR CRAFT NOVEMBER 2014 a nice H-Body inside. :D
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby daan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Man, you aren't messing around there, that looks like some SERIOUS horsepower going under the hood. Your car is beautiful, and I think your changes are definietely beyond a mere "upgrade". Very cool!
Are you still running the stock suspension underneath?
daan

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:55 pm

daan wrote:Man, you aren't messing around there, that looks like some SERIOUS horsepower going under the hood. Your car is beautiful, and I think your changes are definietely beyond a mere "upgrade". Very cool!
Are you still running the stock suspension underneath?

Yes its all original but adjustable old Koni shocks that is only one way adjustable
And soon there will be WILWOOD brakes upgrade to fit 15 inch wheels and all original front suspension no S-10 conversion
there will be 6 piston caliper and almost 2 inch thick rotors.
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:26 pm

here is the CAR CRAFT article with my oldsmobile , it feels nice with a H-body in a magazine
its turned out a bad photo due to 256kb maximum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi its been months out of the garage scene but now the brakes are finaly ready to mount
Wilwood 12 inch rotor and 6 piston Wilwood Caliper
I took Another path and kept the original spindels and took them to a machine shop in sweden. http://www.rolleslitz.se/
It fits perfect
When i got the S-10 spindels and rotors and calipers i saw that its NOT going to make big difference for me. with my road race, dragrace car.
When you have had the experience going in the pit lane at almost 80 MPH with no brakes overheated i said never never ever no more racing without overkill brakes. So now im done with the brakes for now.

DSCN1499 148kb.jpg
DSCN1489 148kb.jpg
DSCN1493 149kb.jpg
DSCN1492 147kb.jpg
DSCN1484 142kb.jpg
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby monzaaddict » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:54 pm

This has to be the best solution for a stock spindle I have yet to see. Is the spindle to caliper bracket custom made ( not available from wilwood directly) and are they available to purchase. Is the wilwood hub a direct fit the the monza spindle? Got a list of part numbers used? I would buy the brackets right now.

I think going to a 70 chevelle a body spindle with mid length a body steering arms reversed side to side so the tie rod is moved out is a better option because of the larger balljoints, tall aftermarket balljoint, availability of aftermarket steering arms with varying tie rod location, large selection of bolt on hubs and big brake kits. The spindle balljoint to balljoint center to center length is similar to a stock monza. Geometry is improved and steering quickened.

The s10 spindle in my opinion is too tall, the steering arm is too long slowing steering response and puts the tie rod in the wrong location. the track width is also increased noticeably pushing the tires out too much.
monzaaddict

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm

monzaaddict wrote:This has to be the best solution for a stock spindle I have yet to see. Is the spindle to caliper bracket custom made ( not available from wilwood directly) and are they available to purchase. Is the wilwood hub a direct fit the the monza spindle? Got a list of part numbers used? I would buy the brackets right now.

I think going to a 70 chevelle a body spindle with mid length a body steering arms reversed side to side so the tie rod is moved out is a better option because of the larger balljoints, tall aftermarket balljoint, availability of aftermarket steering arms with varying tie rod location, large selection of bolt on hubs and big brake kits. The spindle balljoint to balljoint center to center length is similar to a stock monza. Geometry is improved and steering quickened.

The s10 spindle in my opinion is too tall, the steering arm is too long slowing steering response and puts the tie rod in the wrong location. the track width is also increased noticeably pushing the tires out too much.

Hi
yes i agree about S-10 swap it is not that 100% .
Everything is fabricated by a machine shop in sweden so of course he can make Another copy of the parts.
I have made brake parts for 2 Monzas so my next Project has the right stuff.
But i would go to a machine shop/brake shop and show them my stuff and Pictures.
This was the last HUBs from Willwood ever made
http://shop.aerospacecomponents.com/sea ... find=monza
so Aerospace is my next shop to buy more HUBS from tonight i will mesaure and check that the HUBS from Willwood and Aerospace match each other.
Aerospace said yesterday they will continue with the the Monza /Vega brakes and Hubs.But they didnt have enough big brakes for me so i turned to Willwood.
So now it will be a mix of both. if you want i can post the parts from willwood.
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby dindin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Nice car, but you need a parachute!! :lol:

Al
dindin

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:59 pm

No,... i will use the brakes now.
Before this upgrade i should have had a chute.
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby monzaaddict » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Is the bracket steel? Have you installed these yet? The bracket appears to extend far enough back and below the balljoint to place it in the same location as the factory steering stop. Is the bracket intended to act as a stop or will there be any unintended interference affecting turning radius?
monzaaddict

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm

you have Sharp Eyes
the bracket is alu and black anadoized
It touches the steering stop at the bottom of the bracket so a rubber stop is needed
everything is testmounted on the car while on stands
steering tested left to right looks ok
And the HUB from Aerospace was alomost the same as willwoods Hub
the HUB will only need shimming 2,1mm towards the rotor
i post 2 more spindelPictures
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:14 pm

here is the part number at Wilwood
160-11839
ROTOR1219-125AU655-000TJCXXXXR

120-11778-BK
CALIPER,FNSL6R,1.62/1.12/1.12,1.25 ROTOR the caliper is left and right side Front Brakes

and the caliper for the back brakes was recomended from Wilwood to match the front Caliper. i had to big Caliper size earlier it didnt give me any trouble but speeds up to 165 MPH or beyond i have to trust recomendations.
120-6806
CALIPER,FDL,1.38,.81 ROTOR
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

Postby prochargeroldsmobile » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi here are some building Pictures From my machine shop in Sweden http://www.rolleslitz.se/ and this link http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7 ... sc&start=0

I Think this will give some inspiration
And the comment from Roland the shop owner " this was to many an impossible brake mission but it turned out perfect, with right pads it will be a good track day car "
prochargeroldsmobile

1975 Oldsmobile Starfire

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals