Page 5 of 7

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:14 am
by astre75
love the car, I had one back in the day,looks very sharp,I have some pics on the general discussion of my old yellow one and the 75 wagon I'm working on now.I like the look under the hood clean machine.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:36 am
by 6D9
astre75 wrote:love the car, I had one back in the day,looks very sharp,I have some pics on the general discussion of my old yellow one and the 75 wagon I'm working on now.I like the look under the hood clean machine.


Thanks!

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:35 pm
by zeke
I'm having some confusion here. lol The passenger side header you say is Sanderson looks totally different than what Sanderson's site shows. Do they have the wrong image on their site? It does look close to CC11.

Sanderson CC13

CC13_600 (1).jpeg
CC13_600 (1).jpeg (44.81 KiB) Viewed 447 times


6D9 wrote:Image

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 am
by zeke
The left pics are from Sanderson's site. Seems the passenger side header may have been redesigned at some point. hmmmm

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 am
by avewhtboy
zeke wrote:The left pics are from Sanderson's site. Seems the passenger side header may have been redesigned at some point. hmmmm


That is interesting good eye. I went and checked mine and they are like the Left picture with the first tube on bottom.

They do make ones with different flanges I think, I wonder if the reroute the tube too? Mine were bare and purchased from Summit in the last few months.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:38 pm
by 6D9
Good eye! Im pretty sure my dad ordered his straight from Sanderson.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:21 pm
by avewhtboy
6D9 wrote:Good eye! Im pretty sure my dad ordered his straight from Sanderson.



Any way to check the invoice to see what the part number is?

I often wonder if they make these with bigger tubes, they are similar to S10 headers and they
make those in 1 5/8 inch tube as well, which would be nice if they were bigger tubes.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:41 pm
by zeke
Here is the answer directly from Sanderson:

Sanderson wrote:Hello Chris:

Nothing has been redesigned, but I can explain. On the driver side header, it is just the angle the person is taking the picture. Those are the same headers.

What you are looking at on the passenger side is a CS11AP (instead of the CS11).
The CC13 header SET consists of the CC13 driver side and CS11 passenger side. This is for applications using straight plug cylinder heads.
When a customer is using angle plug heads, the passenger side header is changed to the CS11AP. We then change the SET part number to CC13AP.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:39 pm
by Monza Harry
zeke wrote:Here is the answer directly from Sanderson:

Sanderson wrote:Hello Chris:

Nothing has been redesigned, but I can explain. On the driver side header, it is just the angle the person is taking the picture. Those are the same headers.

What you are looking at on the passenger side is a CS11AP (instead of the CS11).
The CC13 header SET consists of the CC13 driver side and CS11 passenger side. This is for applications using straight plug cylinder heads.
When a customer is using angle plug heads, the passenger side header is changed to the CS11AP. We then change the SET part number to CC13AP.

That is some GOOD information to know, that should be in a sticky or best of section I think. Thanx for looking into that Chris, those aren't my first choice but sometimes our wants and reality don't match up at first so that is good to know! :th: Harry

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm
by 6D9
My dad did not want to screw up on the headers so he ordered directly through them. He does have the angle plug heads. Good detective work Zeke.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:31 pm
by 6D9
Pops text me this morning he ordered the San Antonio Fab subframe connectors.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:42 am
by 6D9
Update:

Did some fun testing on the backroads with my Vega the other day. Some things we found...

1. The air/fuel ratio while excellent at idle and part throttle is pig rich a WOT. It flat lined the gauge at 10.0. So need to lean the carb out. When doing the testing he had a small oval air filter on it and we need to do back to back pulls with the larger 14x4 filter to see if its a restriction.

2. The 700r4 shifts out of gear even when the selector has not been moved. Shifts about 4800 rpm or so. So yeah that sucked


So dad ordered a jet kit and the Transgo shift kit to correct the a/f and shifting problem. I also want to double check he is getting WOT and check his timing curve out.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 pm
by chevyart
chris quick question. looking at pics of your engine tonight. do you have good clearance between firewall and auto tranny dipstick tube.? want to us stock one on my car and just not sure of clearance. my alternative is a lokar setup with skinnier tube. thanks art

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm
by 6D9
Update :

Got to play with dads Vega for a lil bit today. First thing we did was remove the small oval air filter and put on the 14x4 round K&N. We hit some backroads and sure enough the air fuel was much better! Right around 11.8 in high gear good pull. So now just need to do some minor jetting changes and maybe a high speed air bleed change. Keep you guys posted.

Re: New guy...dads 72 Vega GT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:42 pm
by evilcactuar
Man, that's a beautiful car