1978 Pontiac Sunbird.

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 1978 Pontiac Sunbird.

Postby JHCRAGGAR » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 pm

erik monza wrote:Hi JHCRAGGAR,
Welcome to the H community.

In here you are safe, this is where the good guys are , I had got so much help in here, I even got a private mail from Peter Ziegler, telling about you

My name is Erik and I live in Denmark, - close by - sort of - we are just a handfuld of H body guys i Europa

I have a 1976 Monza Hatchback 2+2 so we do not share a lot of bodyparts, but the way you do metalwork, you do not need any help anyway, that just look fantastic, I almost think you wanted it very rusty, just to have fun with it

Keep op the good work, I ll look you up if I go to Norway this summer

Hi from Erik

Thank you Erik :)
Im gonna send you a pm where me and my car is :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JHCRAGGAR

Postby JHCRAGGAR » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:48 pm

dindin wrote:Thats alot of work, from your first post I had the impression you just started working on the car, but it seems like you have quite a bit of time invested..looking great! :th:

Al

Thank you sir.
I have no idea how many hours thats been put into my car at this point but its more then enough and its still not finished.
The pictures im uploading on the forum are from the restoration in 2009 to 2012.

Unfortunately the restoration halted after 2012 due to a life changing situation.
But i got the problems sorted out so the restoration is ongoing now
and the car is 78% finished to this day :)

Håkon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JHCRAGGAR

Postby JHCRAGGAR » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:07 pm

A few more pictures :)
JHCRAGGAR

Postby JHCRAGGAR » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 am

Fresh out from paint :)

The price to get the car painted here in norway would have been close to 6000 us dollars.
So i got the car painted in Latvia insted for 854 us dollars so i saved some money on that :)

If you are thinking Yellow why yellow yeah its a little stupid thing from my part
in 2005 i built a race car out of an old 1979 Volvo 244 with my friends
and by the rules of NMK Aremark the club i was in all the cars had to be yellow with 2 red stripes on the side.
So thats why its yellow and no im not gonna paint red stripes on the sides of it :)

Im not sure im allowed to upload anything other then H body related pictures but im only gonna do this ones
the last picture is my old race car and no red stripes on the sides like club told me to. I know im a Rebel :D

And yes the fat man in the picture is me :)

Håkon
JHCRAGGAR

Postby JHCRAGGAR » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 am

The last of the old pictures 2012 - 2014 :)

The 2 last pictures is in my dads garage.
And my car is just waiting for an engine transplant and a transmission surgery :D

Håkon.
JHCRAGGAR

Postby HI WINDING MONZA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Looks like you are missing the plastic trim piece that goes under the bumper Hakon, maybe someone here has one to post a pic so you can see. With all your freind's metal skills, it should be easy to duplicate.

Looking great :th:

Doug in P.R. 8)
My Old Monza now lives in Arizona with its newest owner.

The 90's just keep rollin' along........
1990 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab Long Bed 350 TBI V8 700R4 118K miles
1992 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe 2.0 OHC MPFI I4 TH125C 157k miles
HI WINDING MONZA

Postby RedFiveKBS » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Wonder what happened to this project? I thought I had done a LOT of metal work. This project is very impressive on the metal fab.
RedFiveKBS

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Previous

Return to Project Journals