Harry's Monza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Harry's Monza

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanx Al I'm guessing I'm going to have to start the V8 swap way before I'm ready, and even more so before the engine is! I am "Thousands of dollars" from completion for the engine I want I intended to collect all the harder to find parts first, as I don't see SBC parts becoming rare anytime soon, some of the brake and transmission parts I want have already started getting harder to find. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby vegastre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 am

mostly still more $$$ to spend and no I don't have that either!

Harry,
I can relate being as I'm retired now. My SJ/SC project has came to a halt over money issues more time than I can count. I can't say being short on funds for the project has hurt. It has taught me how to spend money only on the essentials and in a timely manner.
Phil Kennedy~
72 Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback
75 Pontiac Astre SJ Safari Wagon
vegastre

1975 Pontiac Astre SJ

Postby Monza Harry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Phil my trade has changed a lot in the last decade and I am far from destitute just not as "Flush" as I used to be, and I'm having my issues with that, [if you can imagine] plus I am trying to outfit my garage with the tools I need to do the car job [and others] as I used to carry projects back and forth to work to do some afterhours progress but I seem too tired anymore to do that, so this siphons more money from one side of the car project to the other so to speak. When you couple this with how easily I am distracted lately, progress is less than "Not Much" Then just to be like everybody else the Missus has her own dream list of "CHORES" for me to take care of! :bang: :bang: So all in all not a whole lot different than anybody else. Not complaining just frustrated. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Previous

Return to Project Journals