FrankenVega / FrankenCosworth

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FrankenVega / FrankenCosworth

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks , for the kinds words. The stock manifolds, were painted with high temp paint. I should powder coat them I am sure. I recently have been removing curb rash from the aluminum 89? Blazer n Sonoma wheels. Polishing the faces and prepping the inner portion to match the car color. I heard from the seat belt planet guy and we discussed the level of restoration for those... I am going to have to change the clear overlay cluster bezel. The temp and fuel labels..and amps to volts...more to come...peace.
74_Vega_GT

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:19 am

The seat belts came in and I am impressed. ** THUMBS UP FOR SEATBELT PLANET dot com.** The AC aluminum re-fabricated lines are in transit on their way here with 134a fitting. I polished the aluminum receiver dryer. Finishing the seamwork on the front air dam (3 piece fiberglass mated to plastic). Significant work should resume on the project in a couple of weeks my guy has been on ...lets call it vacation ..again...
The 140 motor is awaiting refreshing to prep it for sale. I do not intend on parting out the Offie or the Heddman header, it will be sold as a complete motor with the engine stand, thanks.
74_Vega_GT

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:29 pm

A/C lines are in and duplicated nicely, except for the male end on the condenser side which should have been female.
> Dual Cold Air Intake dilema on the 4.3 vortec 550 Edie. Spectre makes one style with different angles of input. 180, 150, 135 degrees. Models-9834,9854,and 7328. I am considering going this way to avoid any hood clearance issues. Cutting a hole in a perfectly good hood is not an option for this resto-mod. I would imagine that the different angles of input are not for performance but to route the intake air around components.
> Routing the compressor manifold pipes is another dilema. Normally this 4.3 engine is found in the Astrovan, S-10's and Blazers. I have not seen a V6 h-body with A/C to use as a guide yet.
74_Vega_GT

Previous

Return to Project Journals