zeke's Sport Coupe

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: zeke's Sport Coupe

Postby Monza Harry » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Zeke if this does what you want it to, I know you will want a plug for that Oil Pres. Sw. so here is a link to one from Rock Auto.com ['80 Chev Monza 3.8, (2.5 was mech after all)]: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 77&jsn=445 I replaced the abortion that was on my car [twist & tape with an oil bottle cap as a Marrette], from same supplier but mine was a "Standard Auto Parts" one: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 75&jsn=437 , and mine fit nice and sealed against the switch very well, although mine had all three wires in Grey, it is otherwise very incognito [easy to see, hard for hands bigger than a six year old to reach ('78 Monza 3.8)] that is the blessing of your duke and the straight six (in bigger cars/trucks) all of that is easy to reach :th: . I figure this fix you have undertaken will very much improve your fuel delivery "situation". As an addendum I wonder if a headlight socket would work minus the watertight seal(?) Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Brand new, 30$, pressure switch plug has an intermittent bad connection to the normally closed terminal. Glad I checked it first! The wire gauge they use is on the small side also. Going back to Rockauto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby SOLSAKS » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:38 pm

zeke
if you are interested
there are some NOS GM mats for your car on ebay
auction name:

1976-80 BUICK SKYHAWK; MONZA;STARFIRE;SUNBIRD FRONT FLOOR MATS PAIR NOS

you should not have any bidding competition
they start at 14.99
and are your cars unique color

dave in NC :D
SOLSAKS

Postby Brad C » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Brad C. 75 Skyhawk, 70 Buick GSX, 71 Buick GSX, 87 Buick GNX, 2 86 Buick Grand Nationals and a host of other Buicks.
Brad C

1975 Buick Skyhawk

Postby zeke » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks Dave :th:

Will look better on new carpet I'm sure, much better than what was there anyways!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzaaddict » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Looks like you bought the mats that were on ebay. seller should have rears too. They didn't sell.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-80-BUICK- ... 7675.l2557
monzaaddict

Postby zeke » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks Rick. I asked the guy if he had other Monza stuff and he said no. I contacted him after I read your post and he said he assumed I had seen that ad. smh The front mats are not the right colour anyways but way better than what I had. Buddy can keep the rears, shipping too much $$

Modified the shafts and put the OE knobs on the Retrosound, much more better. Discovered a setting for alternate display colour choice - green. xD
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:22 pm

where did you find the setting for alternate color?
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby zeke » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:29 pm

System Settings>Display Color
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Kenova » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Chris, are you willing to part with the original Autosound Knobs? They would look much better on my Nova's Autosound.
Just shoot me a PM if you are.

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby zeke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am

I have a Retrosound radio, not Autosound, dunno if they are the same brand or not. Here's what the backside looks like. If you think they will work on your radio, PM me your address info and I'll stick them in an envelope.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby Kenova » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Yes, mine is a Retrosound too. Why I keep calling it an Autosound is beyond me. :bang:
My knobs have the same internal tabs as yours.

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby zeke » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks a lot to Marc Adams for sending me these parts for shipping cost, you rock dude :th:

Pieces are from a 140 Vega so I had to modify the heat riser tube. I just need a short piece of 1.5" flexible HR tubing.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:45 am

The 2.5 Iron Duke was very tired and needs rebuilding. Number 1 had a bad guide and a broken ring so was oiling and down on compression. Number 2 had a failed lifter. More bad guides on number 4.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:51 am

Head had 7 thou milled off, 2 new guides, 2 guides knurled, 3 angle valve/seat grind and machined for posi seals

EDIT: The VHT ceramic paint burnt right off
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

PreviousNext

Return to Project Journals