1980 starfire firenza

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

1980 starfire firenza

Postby 80firenza » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 am

after bailing on the idea of installing my olds 307 in this car i decided to do some work on the buick v6 to get it running better.since the po snapped off a timing chain cover bolt i pulled the cover drilled out the broken bolt and retapped it .found the original timing gears and chain to be in good shape but very loose and appeared to have jumped a tooth.installed a new timing set ,gaskets water pump ,and belts .had trouble getting iy running and found the wires to the oil pressure sending unit were disconnected.after putting on a couple spade connectors we got it fired up set the timing to 16 degrees and the motor runs unbelievably smooth.many more small projects to do but all in all a nice little car
80firenza

Re: 1980 starfire firenza

Postby 80firenza » Sun May 05, 2019 7:16 am

new cap ,rotor ,and plug wires and greased all the fittings everything is in good shape underneath the car . found a power steering leak ill address and plan to remove the drivers door for some rust repair.
80firenza

Return to Project Journals