1977 Buick Skywalker

Tell everyone about the progress of your project! Please respect people's threads.

Moderator: Moderators

1977 Buick Skywalker

Postby Rickard0 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:44 pm

Hello. This will be a long term project car. What car? Glad you asked. I bought the 1977 Yellow Buick Skyhawk that has been for sale since Nov 21: https://www.mcecars.com/vehicles/1299/1977-buick-skyhawk-s.

Updates will not be frequent, but thought I would make a Journal of what I am doing. Pretty rough inside, and looks like a freezeplug is cracked. I was checking for coolant leaks and found one. I am sure I wil be posting lots of questions in the next year or two. As for my goals of what I will do with it, well the first is to get it street drivable. After that who knows. I have one dream idea, but that will take money and resources I do not have right now. Other possibility is get it to 250-300hb just to burn tires.

Yes, Skywalker, my wife stumbled when she went to call it a Skyhawk, ended up saying Skywalker, so now that is its name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rickard0

Re: 1977 Buick Skywalker

Postby Rickard0 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:26 pm

I had to fix alot of wiring, but was able to get all lights working.
I had to Por15 the tank, and replace fuel pump. (unable to find a replacement fuel gauge potentiometer that.s sits in the tank).
Fixed wiring and replaced hoses for fuel.
Started car today for first time, it starts and idles on its own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_UChmB3xxY
Rickard0

Re: 1977 Buick Skywalker

Postby BadBowtie » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:38 pm

Cool ride, lots of pictures on the website. Looks like a real deep cleaning, a fresh carpet, some bushings and you'll be well on your way! These cars are getting harder and harder to find complete, looking forward to seeing more.
James

1975 Vega GT sbc, Microsquirt w/Edelbrock MPFI, M21 4-speed and Ford 9"
BadBowtie

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Project Journals