HELP RADIATOR CORE SUPPORT!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NixVegaGT » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:37 am

Shred, It actually helps cooling because it puts more surface area across the airstream in a given dimension. The fan choice plays a HUGE roll. The H1 Humvee has the radiator mounted on top of the engine. It's pretty weird but it works great. In that case they have a major fan working on it.

I'm hoping I'll have enough room to just go standard location. Slanting the radiator is a lot of fabrication work. I like your solution, Tom: With the cap located somewhere else. Ford did this for the Cobra 427s. They had a separate expantion tank with a cap. It's something to think about.
- Nic '73 Vega GT "DogBoxx" Batwing LS1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357894
NixVegaGT

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

relocated cap....

Postby 70styleVega » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:59 am

I also recall seeing the small aftermarket expansion tanks, with caps, that bolt on the intake manifold at the radiator hose neck location.

The radiator can then be modified to remove it's cap to increase clearance across the top.
75 Vega hatchback, EFI 5.3L/t350 swap kit, street/strip, budget build in progress
70styleVega

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Postby brettboi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Also to help i got a Meziere water pump its the new mechanical one its flows alot more then a standard.But if it does not help it will look sweet :D.I have a long water pump so hopfully ill have more space for cooling fans.
brettboi

3987 Chevrolet Vega

Previous

Return to Racing Chassis