Bolt-In Rear Frame

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Bolt-In Rear Frame

Postby Vega Joe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Has anyone tried this out yet?? can anyone send me a copy of the plans ????
JOE
Vega Joe

1976 Chevrolet Vega

Postby flowerz489 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:41 am

somebody send me a copy,I will do it if they look good, I might have to narrow it a bit more. flowerz489@yahoo.com
72 BBC 427 vega wagon in the works
flowerz489

Postby Fasterthansome » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 am

What I dont unserstand is why anyone would want to do this? Is the idea to stick a steamroller tire under the car to give it that 80's pro street look?

Is this the subframe? http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1267 ... frame.html
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby HAULIN' IT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Fasterthansome wrote:Is this the subframe? http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1267 ... frame.html

Reading this post...Originally the guy was selling the PLANS/blueprint for the subframe. However that sure looks like THE one in the first post...based on the cement & the White thing around the edge, I'd say it's laying in just about the same spot too. The brake hose (?) in both pictures seems to be the same. I'd have trouble figuring Two different people would build that much, install that hose & then stop...Verdict is in, it's THE one!
The shackles mounted ABOVE the frame rail is unique, nothing wrong with it, just something else to deal with when working on the floor. I'm having trouble figuring the square tube in the middle up on top...seems it would be inside the car or would make the whole frame sit down too low. Also the "v" shaped thing, is that to be a driveshaft loop? You would need more space for travel than that, I'd think.
The car in the Racing junk ad doesn't have a spring eye, ect. hanging down where I'm guessing it would need to be. I don't believe THAT car has that frame under, as in a "rolling advertivement".
As mentioned earlier, if a guy can build that...I'm hoping he has enough commom sence not to follow those plans. Just my Two Cents, Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Postby CHRYRACER » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:43 am

Hey! I would like to purchase a copy of those prints. This is what
I was wanting to do with Cal-tracs. CHRYRACER@YAHOO.COM
Thanks,
Mark
CHRYRACER

Postby Keigger » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:47 pm

Did anybody ever build/install this unit?
"You don't need nuthin' if you can't make it with your own two hands" Quote from my father
Keigger

Previous

Return to Racing Chassis