Attn: Rustobust

Moderator: Moderators

Attn: Rustobust

Postby chevyart » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Saw your print on the race chassis forum and I liked what I saw and heard. Could I ask you a few questions, as I am basically doing almost the exact setup as you and would like your advice and input. First and most important. Im using a 408SBC with about 515 horse(carb only) turbo 350 and 380 ratio rear. This is a street car. I have a new TCI 3400-3800 anti baloon converter and everyone I know says this is too much stall and I will slip and slide and overheat. My engine builder says it will be fine and TCI says the same. What do you think. Also what type of tranny cooler setup do you use.Next, do you use the stock fuel tank, snd if so , how do you get the fuel out of the tank(reworked pickup with electric fuel pump)?. Also where is your battery mounted. You seem to have a real neat, bare basic setup and I like it. Hope you can advise me Thanks Chevy Art
chevyart

Postby Fasterthansome » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 pm

The converter will be fine.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby Sirshredalot » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am

The nicer converters are better about longevity and are more sensitive to engine combos....more or less theyre more "alive and interactive".
Wont slip as bad as some say....Ive driven 3000 rpm converters that felt like they where stock until you would foot brake the car....even done it with 2.73 gears and 26" tall tires.

Youve got enough gear and torque to make that happy and live....fast too.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby rustorbust » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm

I have a 3700 stall with 3.73's in my car and I can drive it around on the streets or the highway and have no problem at all with it. The battery has been relocated to the spare wheel well. I did remove the old gas tank and it now has a 5 gallon plastic cell. I run 2 holley fuel pumps on the car, a blue one for the motor and a black for the nitrous. I had to build a enclosure to put the tank in cause it cant be in the inside of the car with the driver. I will post some pics of it all when I get a chance. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
rustorbust

1973 Chevrolet Vega

Postby rustorbust » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:30 pm

For the tranny cooler, I bought just a cheap rv cooler from pepboys and ran metal lines and mounted it in front of the radiator, ill post some pics of that also.
rustorbust

1973 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Racing Chassis