new here just need an opinion

Moderator: Moderators

new here just need an opinion

Postby chuck75 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:54 pm

the names Chuck. I'm looking at a 74 vega gt. guy who owns it now has a body shop here in the tampa fla. area he's picked up a couple of parts here and there but has to many projects so wants me to buy it as a v8 swap. the bodys a little ruff, floors are going to need replaced etc. as I dont mind doing the work. my question is where can I find the parts as in floor pans fenders 1/4 panles etc.? is it worth fixing? its something diffrent which is what I'm looking for and the price is right at 400.00. but if I cant find parts whats the use? thanks for any help or advise.
chuck75

Re: new here just need an opinion

Postby cjbiagi » Wed May 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Your best bet for parts is right here or ebay. It all depends upon what level you want to bring it up to. There is not much in the way of reproduction parts for these cars so you are generally looking at used or possibly NOS depending upon what you need.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby chuck75 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:23 am

ok thanks so no one makes floorpans or 1/4s for these. maybe I can fab something up for them but I wanted to kind of go with the restored look sleeper style.
chuck75

Postby cosvega76 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:24 am

Chuck,

Honestly, with the rust reputation these cars have, if it needs floor pans I would recommend finding a different car. Unless you are going for a full tube chassis, these cars need the entire structure of the unibody to make them as stiff (or not-so-stiff, if you compare them to modern cars) as they need to be.

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby 73Sedan » Thu May 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey Chuck,
$400 would be about right for a "gut-n-frame".

I'm in Tampa (I don't need another project), but I would be happy to take a look at it with you and make any recommends. Trust me, welding is the EASY part. AND if you hit the streets with cancer holes all over the outside skin you're sure to lure in a whole lotta suckers if you're after the street gangs here. If you plan on the tracks you'd better know what you're building and be awesome off the tree! Our division is killer for sub 0.008 lights all night long even in the footbrake street class.

Rob.
73Sedan

Postby TopNX75 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:01 am

How much are you looking to spend for a roller ready to go??
TopNX75

1975 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Racing Chassis