will the frame hold up?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: will the frame hold up?

Postby 80 MONZTA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Joe, do some searching here for what others are doing to hook up a torque arm to a 8.5" rear. I am working on mine (if my friend ever laser cuts some steel for me). Others have done it (Fasterthansome) I think, he just welded brackets to the housing and it has been holding up on a very fast car.
LeRoy
1980 Monza, 305/Th350 removed for LS1/T-56 swap, can't wait to :burn: My Project
80 MONZTA

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: will the frame hold up?

Postby chevy art » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 am

jon you should be alot better off with the poly bushings instead of the solid heims. the heims always need to be checked and cleaned every so often. you can start out with the heims and give them a try(that is if you cant exchange them for the polys without spending more money. the nature of the laddeer bar, with heims or poly bushings , makes them for rough riding. one advantage of those bars is thast they are a fairly low profile and tuck up under the floor. you will just have to watch out for the road clearance.you will need some sort of track locater to hold the rear in place. i dont know the rest of your setup in rear (shocks, coilovers, coil springs?) perhaps some of the other members that have this type of setup can recommend some specific advice. let us know how you are doing art
chevy art

Previous

Return to Racing Chassis