What kind of Springs shock you runing ?

Moderator: Moderators

What kind of Springs shock you runing ?

Postby DRAGRACERRON » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi guys i am trying to get my car to hook better at the track what kind of springs front and back are some of you faster H-body racers runnning at the drag strip ? I am haveing major problems hooking the car lately and allready took 20 hp out of engine to help. i really appreciate any info on your proven combo. I have now stock springs on all four corners, I have a 1979 Pontiac Sunbird i have torque arm stock but reinforced and tried Competion enginering shocks but didnt seem to make a difference even on the 90-10 setting ? I removed sway bar this weeeknd didnt seem to make a difference.
DRAGRACERRON

Re: What kind of Springs shock you runing ?

Postby monzta » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 pm

i think because these are unibodys your best bet would be to connect the front and back with some frame rails. I am building my 4th monza(first with a V8) and i am using kyb shocks, also i am installing a 5 point rollbar and connecting the frame under the car. I hope to add enough traction to let me do a half throttle starts without breaking loose. Of course when i get the time and cash i'll be adding a posi, maybe a minitub, and sticky tires, for full throttle CrAzYnEsS!!! But from my experience the best traction aid is the tires. 350hp on 10inch wide m\t e.t. streets warmed up WON'T spin. A little squeak, but 99% traction action:)
When The Car Twists, I'll Steer With The Nitrous Button
monzta

Re: What kind of Springs shock you runing ?

Postby flowerz489 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 pm

this guy seems to hook on a 10 inch slick, probably a little over 350 horse

http://www.powertvonline.com/video_detail.php?mId=2900
72 BBC 427 vega wagon in the works
flowerz489

Return to Racing Chassis