roll cage

Moderator: Moderators

roll cage

Postby MachoPoncho » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

ok so im wanting to do a roll cage in my 75 astre soon and i was looking at the s&w set up because i like all of what i see in the project journals but i live in california so i was wondering if i can save some money by going to chris alston route but i cant seem to find anyone using this cage so i was just looking for some recommendations.
MachoPoncho

Re: roll cage

Postby chevy art » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 am

dont know too much about chris alson stuff other than alston himself seemed like a real arrogant person advertising his stuff and knocking other companies(who were well known at that time) look into art morrison products. one thing, S&W practically invented the vega chassis parts way back when. their products supposedly fit well and are well engineered art
chevy art

Re: roll cage

Postby gmagilla » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

If you can do it , build your own . I did the Chassis Engineering Kit in my 71 and I didn't like the look or fit . The main hoop was not at all close to the B-Pillar or roof . Ended up cutting the whole thing out and doing my own . Maybe others are better fitting , but kits usually don't have that custom look or fit.
gmagilla

Return to Racing Chassis