Adjustable Drag Shocks

Moderator: Moderators

Adjustable Drag Shocks

Postby MachoPoncho » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm

im looking for a set of rear adjustable shocks for my 75 astre is the 4 link style suspension i have read a few posts and i know that you guys have liked the 70/30 lakewood ones but im looking for something that i can play around with the settings on the shocks.
MachoPoncho

Re: Adjustable Drag Shocks

Postby chevy art » Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 pm

hey macho your best bet is to contact QA1 shock company and speak with them you will have to tell them how your shocks mount on top( t-bar,) and on the bottom(eye hole) and most importantly you present ride heigth. maybe your rear is raised or maybe stock heigth. theywill tell you what and where to measure and then they can come up with the shocks that will give yoiu theproper ride heigth and have travel up and down. real easy process and they do have a variety of good, reasonably priced adjustable shocks. the shocks they recommend may or may not be vega or astre specific, depending onn your ride heigth . heres one that may be close in size QA1 stocker star bott eyelet and top t-bar13 1/2 compressed and 21 opened, so ride heigth would be about iu the middle of those 2 numbers. think stock vega ride heigth is about 17 1/2 inches which would make that shock pretty close to what you would need. that part number is TC1661P. they also make different adaptors in case the shock you need dont have the required ends, you can make your own ends(this may or may not be necessary. tel # of qa1 is 952-985-5675 website www.qa1.net lakeville minnesota 55044. if you find the right shocks, post the info so we all can have access to these shocks hope this helps art
chevy art

Postby chevy art » Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 pm

little correction to my above post the stock rride heigth of the rear shocks is aprox 15 1/2 inches. closed length of stock 75 vega shock is aprox 12 1/8 inches and the aprox open length of stock 75 vega shock is 19 1/2 inches . this should help in finding aftermarket shocks art
chevy art

Postby MachoPoncho » Thu May 20, 2010 2:41 am

ok thank you very much for the info art. i will call them soon and post up what the say.
MachoPoncho

Postby Fasterthansome » Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I have QA 1's front R series single and rear single adjustable. I dont recal part numbers I just looked at ( I think) Stocker star sheet and it has mount styles and compressed length etc.

STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby chevy art » Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 am

hey fasterthansome poncho is checking with speedfreake. if yougo to speedpfreakes project jpurnals (page 3) about the 6th pic shows the shocks. are they the same as what you are using. i will bet they are. if you come up with the exact part number, can you post it thanks art
chevy art

Postby Fasterthansome » Fri May 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Art it looks like Speedfreak is running double adjustables in rear and coil overs in front. Mine are both single and no coil over.
STRAIGHTLINE RACING
Home of the world's quickest stock suspension H-body
Fasterthansome

Postby chevy art » Fri May 21, 2010 11:19 pm

hey fasterthansome. yours are probably the ones we need to know about. poncho is calling qa1. if he cant get to it i will call them and get our part number real pronto. talk to you guys soon. i really couldnt see what type of spring setup he was using. if they are coilovers he really had to beef up those little factory mounts , as he will be carrying all the rear weight with those coils. i will try to look a little closer and see talk to you guys soon art
chevy art

Postby speedphreake » Sat May 22, 2010 6:29 am

Art, just the fronts are coil overs. The rear I'm running stock springs and double adjustable shocks in the stock mounting location. I'll have to look tomorrow, but I want to say the rear shocks I have were for a Nova, maybe 68-72.
71 Vega hb
11 2500HD duramax
speedphreake

1971 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Racing Chassis