Need Help With Front End

Moderator: Moderators

Need Help With Front End

Postby geejayes » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I want to find a highly recommended shop in the central Ohio area to upgrade the front end of my '75 Skyhawk. I plan on having tubular upper and lower control arms, coilover shocks, aerospace brake kit, bigger sway bar, bushings, etc. etc. installed. My plan for the car is to do some autocrossing along with normal street use. I've done alot of the other work on the car myself but I feel that the above is beyond my capability. Obviously I want someone who knows H-Bodies really well, that's why I'm turning to you guys. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
geejayes

Re: Need Help With Front End

Postby monzajer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:03 pm

GJ, howzit goin'? Try this member. He is in Ohio. He sells 3rd members and is very knowledgeable. He may know someone out your way.

monzaz
e-addy: http://jdrace.com/

Good luck and have fun.

cheers, jer :mrgreen:
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby overkillrc » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:59 am

i can help you with tubular control arms and whatnot.
overkillrc

Postby Kenova » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

geejayes wrote: I plan on having tubular upper and lower control arms, coilover shocks, aerospace brake kit, bigger sway bar, bushings, etc. etc. installed.

Give Justin a call for the control arms and coil overs and install them yourself.

geejayes wrote: My plan for the car is to do some autocrossing along with normal street use. I've done alot of the other work on the car myself but I feel that the above is beyond my capability.

The Aerospace brake kit is meant as a drag race only brake system. It is not up to regular street use and would be worse than the stock brakes on an autocross. You would be better off with doing the S10 conversion. It is strictly a bolt on affair when you use Justin's control arms and allows you to use bigger aftermarket brakes if you wish.

geejayes wrote:Obviously I want someone who knows H-Bodies really well, that's why I'm turning to you guys. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

GM may have built a couple million of these cars but that doesn't make them popular or mainstream. I wouldn't trust anyone but the top notch chassis builders to do any suspension work on my car, and that means big bucks.
Everything you want to do can be done in your own garage with Justin's products. Several members have used his suspension parts with excellent results. If there is a problem Justin has always come through for the guys.

Ken
My other car is a Nova.
Kenova

Postby geejayes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks for the help guys. Chris from Smitty's Custom Auto in Tiffin OH. will be getting in touch with Overkill.
geejayes

Return to Racing Chassis