my 71 vega project

Moderator: Moderators

my 71 vega project

Postby 406vega » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 pm

hey everyone,been lurking on here a while and want to thank everyone for the advice and insight on my vega.first one ive ever owned.its a drag car that belonged to a friend of mine ,who lost his life a few years ago ,and i acquired it from the family and its almost done.its been backhalfed w/ladder bars all s@w stuff with the 406 from my 74nova. should run good best time in nova was 6.52 in 1/8th in good air. i have learned these cars are an excercise in patience.all the info on the s-10 brake swap was spot on.i hand built a set of fenderwell exit headers from an existing set of headers i had and some bends frm speedway motors. by the way they also have the ball joint adapters in stock press in or screw in. i hope to have some pictures on here soon for whoever may like to see them.kinda interested to find out what it wieghs ,on my trailer you can hardly tell its back there compared to the nova. sorry for the long first post ill try to keep them shorter in the future.
406vega

Re: my 71 vega project

Postby sportster96blk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 am

welcome... we'll be needin to see your car pics and you can make your posts as long as you want... at least nobodys ever told me to shut up...lol .....george
sportster96blk

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 70styleVega » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Welcome.... another 406 Vega lover.
The best part of being here is learning from the other members, as many H-body upgrades require part modifications or even fabrication. I'm sure you get get a lot of being here as a member.

70StyleVega
75 Vega hatchback, EFI 5.3L/t350 swap kit, street/strip, budget build in progress
70styleVega

1975 Chevrolet Vega

Postby 406vega » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:28 pm

this site has definitely helped me on this car.when i first started i didnt know alot about the cars in general. ive always had a full or midsize like my nova.this has really turned out to be a neat little car,cant wait to get it to the track when im finished. :)
406vega

Return to Racing Chassis