Quick poll about For Sale forum

Moderator: Moderators

What should I do in the For Sale/Wanted forums?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:59 am

Delete all non-compliant threads on sight without warning.
13%
Delete all non-compliant threads after a 24 hour warning.
47%
Delete nothing. Issue warnings only.
13%
Delete nothing and make it Buyer Beware.
28%

Total votes : 47

Re: Quick poll about For Sale forum

Postby DA GODFATHER » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

You can solve all problems by never selling your car!!
Just hold on to her !!
Like cutting off your right hand.....................Don't let it happen!!
Love my Monza.............Ciao GF 8) 8) 8)
"I Have Made It a Rule To Never Smoke More Than One Cigar At a Time "
DA GODFATHER

Postby Sunula66 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

To the credit of every enthusiast on this site, I must say that a minor interference took place some time ago with a less than savvy member and it was quickly rectified. The interests here are huge and I for one won't tolerate any devious dealings if noticed nor would I expect any less from any other H-Body enthusiast using this forum, we all have a lot invested in a hobby that has become somewhat hard to match and a vehicle that is quickly becoming obsolete yet still desirable. When our interests are threatened, I've seen members come to the aid of other members and defend our site incl. Spam Alert messages that I myself have posted from time to time. Policing this site is handled by all of us and the desire to conduct business with one another or with unknowns has and always will be "buyer beware" that's in all commonality of dealing with the other car and non-car enthusiasts.Please keep the for sale post somewhat open for all to use, as parts become increasingly harder to obtain and source, we need this ability to follow up on these beloved items at risk only to ourselves and I mean by NOT implying any responsibility to the forum. If someone was to "bad-mouth this forum, they don't have a legitimate claim and likely never will. The proof is in the POSTS..(pudding) anyone can grab a paragraph current or past at random and clearly see that we are legit! No worries here. Thanks for all you do Administrators, we all love this Forum and vow to watch over it and will alert you if you don't catch it before us.....
.....just a few to ponder.....and like the one guy said, don't sell it, keep it but some of us have too many :lol: thnx, Ron.
P.S. I know that the actual poll ended some time ago and it seems to be working out.
"remember... not everything is good on TOAST!"
3 Birds of a Feather...
#1 the Silver '80 W-66 code Formula purchased 9 years ago
#2 red "80 W-66 code Formula purchased Mar./16
#3 black '78-9 coupe with spoiler kit and 4spd 305...parted out to a Terrific H-Buddy
2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel/ Just replaced by the 2016 Sonic
'98 GMC 1/2 ton with corporate 3/4 ton driveline still makin' it all possible
Sunula66

1980 Pontiac Sunbird Formula

Postby jb44060 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:08 pm

I agree with those who think anyone should be able to join and post items for sale. I ended up with some extra Astre parts and would rather sell them here than on Ebay.
jb44060

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 am

jb44060,
No problems with you selling as long as you meet the minimum requirements. We like to keep this a free and fair site. You're welcome to hawk your wares, just participate enough to get to the point where you can sell in accordance with the rules. :th:
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby 72 notch back » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:04 pm

well I am very new here.I have looked at the rules you have under selling things, car, parts.I don't think you should change any thing. what drew me into to your site is you have rules, but if your going to limit selling how will that work for people buying?
72 notch back

Previous

Return to Electrical and Wiring