Welcome to phpBB 2

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby v8astregt » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:16 pm

Yes you sure can post pictures!!! :D

Just hit "Img", insert address of pic, then hit "Img" again!

75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby vega_guy_76 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:36 pm

Hello. My name is Charlie, and I'm an H-body-a-holic. Even though I don't post on a regular basis I check the boards several times a day. So if you need another moderator, I'm all for it. Let me know how I can help and I'll do whatever I can.

Charlie
vega_guy_76

1976 Chevrolet Vega Estate Wagon

Test

Postby jon72vega » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:48 pm

I like what I see so far.
I have really been frustrated in the past on the ezboard forum with lost information & the useless search function.
This will be a big step forward.
Last edited by jon72vega on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jon72vega

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby nice77mirage » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:14 pm

Looking back, there used to be 23 different Yahoo Clubs that I belonged to, then Yahoo screwed around and changed to the Groups format causing everybody to leave and join Bob's V8Monza forum. I hope this will become the biggest and best H-body forum yet!

Doyle
nice77mirage

Postby bill1978v8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:29 pm

I'm glad to see a lot of guys coming over. Now we need to get this set up and start some H-Body talk! :D

Bill
1975 Monza 2+2, 4.3L V8, Auto
bill1978v8

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Howdy

Postby Voodoo Don » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Well im here an already messin up the place LOL can you please remove the other acct I made on accident? it was voodoodon all lower case an no spaces
Thanks
BTW I like the look and feel of this one much better :idea:
Don
1978 Skyhawk C06
1984 Buick Grand National
In resto process
1983 Regal 455 sleeper, here ricer ricer
Voodoo Don

1978 Buick Skyhawk

movin' on over!!

Postby joe350gt » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Hey guys,

I'm for ANYTHING besides ez board...it sucks out loud. Colin, keep plugging away and maybe we can get everyone over here where we can actually have some functionality and a reliable place to post ideas, pics and anything else we want to. H Bodies United!!

Joe
joe350gt

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby fyrftr50 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:54 pm

For pics, everyone can set up a profile in the "Garage" (see top), and can post pics of your ride(s) with full mods etc, etc, much better than that damn FTP folder crap that I could never add pics too, and rarely access.

The WIKI, as Colin has explained to me (correct me if I'm wrong Colin), is essentially an encyclopedia that is run and made and added to by all users of this forum (something we could add all old EZ Board posts to, and if organized properly, can become the ultimate online database for H-Body info, much like H-Body.org and my website are at present, but in one place.

1/4 mile timetable, self explainatory really, not sure if I should add my embarrassing time though. :?

And a search function that really works, and well, too!!!

I'm going to work with Colin to get this thing organized, looking good and professional and up and running before we are stuck paying for EZ Board again for another year (then people will feel obligated to use it since it is 'paid for'.

I know Bob had commitments (but don't we all???) but we need to get this up and running with or without him, I believe the concensus of the more frequent users of V8monza is that EZ Board just is not sufficient for the growing needs of our little community (for lack of better terminology at this moment, lol) and seeing valuable info deleted with every post has become too frustrating to accept.

No offence intended here, but I don't beleive Bob should be moderating another forum since he has been MIA for soo long now and he has had no input or real desire to change anything on V8monza or the forum, which, in my opinion, is a disservice to us all. If your going to take on the responsibility of something that includes so many hundreds of members, you MUST maintain it effectively and efficiently, which has not been done for quite some time now, in my opinion (lost posts, board crashing, FTP on the fritz regularly, etc, etc). Maybe he is too busy with life's commitments (re: HBOA's recent miserable failure) to be concerned with the lost info but I'm not and don't want to see it happen any longer. Colin has worked his brains out to offer changes and vast improvements that have been completely ignored by Bob, it's time we stepped up as a group and made the change in his place.

Thanks Bob for the V8 monza forum, we outgrew Yahoo, but now we have outgrown EZ Board, it's time to move on.

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby barebonesracecars » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:57 pm

Well said. :D
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

well time for a fresh start

Postby geartwister39 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:03 am

time for a fresh start i hope no one at v8 monza .com takes me as a traiter or anything.just got frustraited at the whole ezboard thing. i hope this site takes off. i hope i learn as much about h bodys here as i did at bobs site. so far it looks great. just got to get aqainted with it .thanks :D
larry s
78 monza wagon 355/th350
geartwister39

1978 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby barebonesracecars » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:37 am

Larry,

If you've never been on one of these Boards, I can't help but think you'll like it much better.

For awhile I may switch back and forth just in case something important shows up over there, but as long as Colin is going to keep up with our needs here, I can't see the other one lasting much longer. I'll just pop in once in awhile and remind the stragglers where we all went. :lol:
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Previous

Return to h-body.org info