Welcome to phpBB 2

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ColinOpseth » Fri Oct 20, 2000 8:01 pm

This is an example post in your phpBB 2 installation. You may delete this post, this topic and even this forum if you like since everything seems to be working!
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Testing ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ...

Postby fyrftr50 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 am

This is a test and only a test!
Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu May 25, 2006 12:02 am

Looks like it was successful ;)

Later,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Yup

Postby fyrftr50 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:59 am

Hey Colin
I sent a friend, Dave (spyderfrommarz), a copy of the emails you sent me, including the links. He is is advertising and will be a good evaluator of this, and also assist on the look and design, that and I trust his opinions and insight, and won't tell the world, lol.

I added a few car makes and models (still have to add a few of the Vega dn Astre special editions or just keep the basic 6 H-Body cars), but I still think we should limit the garage to just H-Bodies, nothing else, since this is an H-Body board. If not, eventually it will slowly fill with junk we don't really want to see.

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

fyrftr50

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu May 25, 2006 11:15 pm

All of the "offending" vehicles have been deleted.

Keep me updated. I'm going to mess around with the site a bit tonight. Do you mind if I use some of your pages from your V8 Monza site for demonstration purposes?

Later,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Monza site

Postby fyrftr50 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:27 pm

The V8 Monza site is Bob's, I have nothing to do with it. Your more than welcome to take and use any info/pics etc you wish for this forum/wiki/etc from my Monza and Monza Clone site, and my Road Hawk site. As long as I'm getting credit for it, and, more importantly, it is for an H-Body forum/site, it's all good!!

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

fyrftr50

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu May 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Bryan,
The wiki will allow people to give credit where credit is due.. I'll get some stuff up to show you how it looks.. Any idea what kind of color scheme you'd like to see?

I want to divorce this site from V8Monza.com completely. If people come here to chat, that's their perogative. I won't be mass emailing people giving invites, that's for sure.

Later :)
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby fyrftr50 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Hey Colin
Colour scheme, well one of my favourites, from a car point-of-view, is black with gold accents (wheels, decals, ettc - like my Spyder, lol), but not sure how this would look in a forum page though. That's one of the reasons I asked Dave for advice, since he works with this kind of thing all day. Haven't heard from him yet though.

I checked out the wiki, looks like a good start, I guess it is just up to authors to make sure everything is well sectioned and divided so it is easy to navigate, search and add too.

As for the V8monza thing, I understand where your coming from, but I'm afraid, from the total lack of posting on the EZ Board bashing thread, I think most would stay put out of nothing more than being familiar with it, regardless of how frustrating or terrible it really is, because they know no better. Your venture could end up being like the H-body.org forum, seldom used and basically worthy of nothing more than deletion.

I talked to Dennis Brown (h-body.org) about it earlier and he didn't want to fracture the small Yahoo H-Body community so he didn't press the issue of his particular forum over V8monza, where everyone seemed to be heading. Had he pressed the issue we could be cemented at H-Body.org but he didn't want to take the chance of severing what seemed like a total migration to V8monza. Too bad, his board is far superior (although could use upgrades like what you've presented).

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

fyrftr50

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:07 am

Yeah,
You're right. It was a stupid idea. I'll be taking this board down in the next few days. I just wish people would pull their heads out of their asses. For example, the post about the guy that assembled Cosworth engines and found out how the Vega blocks were failing.

Sorry for my sarcasm, but it's just such a god damn shame. Ah well, the Vega is the worst American car ever made so it isn't like it matters, right? :roll:

TTYL,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

I hate being right

Postby fyrftr50 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:58 am

OK, there are just some times when I don't want to be right, but I'm afriad I may be in this instance. I just can't beleive that most of the people seem to be 'happy' with the present setup, losing information, a pics center that routinely fails, regular lose of all postings, etc, etc.

I'm not all for giving up though, this kind of forum is too good to pass up, with no loss of info, an excellent search engine, the garage (which is its best feature) and a stability that EZ Board just cannot guarantee.

I think you should stick with it, seriously, I beleive that people really need to see what else is out there and be able to compare it to EZ Board. I can't imagine we are all so brain dead as to not see the advantages of a new forum. Once it is seen and used somewhat, then maybe we can finbally exhert some pressure on Bob Gumm (if he ever responds to a post again) to make a change.

Anyways, it is your call, obviously, since it is your time, work and effort. What do you think, should we bother? Once we get something up and running, with info, pics, a layout, colours, pics, etc then I have NO problem 'plugging' it hard on the front page of my Monza website, which, as you may know gets a tonne of visitors daily and has hit 100,000 just this month. Slow exposure to show everyone that there is other options, and I can use my pull within this community to test it out on a number of people, get opinions, ideas, etc and go from there.

I really do not want to give in to using EX Board when something like this is available and MOST other groups are using. What do you think?

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

fyrftr50

Postby ColinOpseth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 pm

Well,
I saw yet 'another' thread on V8Monza about the switch. I get frustrated when I see people spreading so much misinformation after I have spent a lot of time trying to explain how we'd switch everything over.

I don't know...sometimes it feels like I can't seem to get the point across. Maybe the switch seems to be too easy?

lol.. I dunno.. I'm going to go outside and ride my quad for a bit.

Did I tell you I got married and graduated on June 18? It was a nice wedding. Maybe I'll post some pics..

Later,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby fyrftr50 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Nope, you never mentioned you did either, but congrats on both counts, I guess that explains your sudeen dissapearance the last couple weeks.

I understand your frustration, but I think you can chalk it up to ignorance of computers, software, etc, etc. I admit some of the things you've mentioned went well over my head too.

I did talk to a couple of the regular posters on V8monza at the Monza/Vega meet in OH last weekend and I think it is quite unanimous that a new updated forum needs to be implimented and you and I are far from the only ones frustrated with Ez Board and Bob's lack of presence on V8monza as an administrater. I'm going to keep plugging away at it, talking to Bill Lynch who has a decent relationship with Bob (Bob has 'sponsored" the meets in OH and NJ the past few years - except this year though) and see if maybe he can get Bob to give admin rights to someone else, like Cliff, who has some limited rights on the board (altering and moving posts etc).

Anyways, I think we need to make this forum look like something that is useable, right now (put down all the same types of topics found onV8monza, use some colour, maybe some shadow pics of a Vega and a Monza hatch with the forum's name on it. Basically make this into something I can show toa few in the know and get their recommendations. Cliff is already impressed enough to see the potential, but we need to show a 'completed' forum to present to everyone.

Bryan
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

fyrftr50

New Board

Postby Buscop » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:44 pm

This is cool, a long time coming..you have my support. :lol:
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby bill1978v8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:00 pm

This is a good start to a better place to come and discuss our cars. I talked with Brian and Bill Lynch at the Ohio meet and I agree that something needs to be done. I'll help out when I can.

Bill Lockhart
1975 Monza 2+2, 4.3L V8, Auto
bill1978v8

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Me likey

Postby barebonesracecars » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:50 pm

Finally remembered to come over here for a look.

Colin, I would like to see you go ahead and give this place a name.
I would also like to ask that you make the name as neutral as possible....I've never really minded the name "V-8Monza", but it takes some explaining when I describe it to new people. Also, I've seen a few new people over there wonder if they will be welcome when they show up with a V-6.

Might be worthwhile to go ahead and create some categories to post in...try going over to V8Buick.com and see how they have broken things down.

I'm getting more than frustrated that Bob doesn't weigh in again on a switch. If we have to leave him to himself while he procrastinates, so be it. Let's just make it as easy and fun as possible, without alienating anyone. If you must divorce it from Bob's site, so be it, but I would hope for enough cooperation during the transition to (hopefully) bring everyone else over, as well.

Here's to a productive, enjoyable experience. I'm not a computer guy, but will help with what I can. Need a nice blue Skyhawk picture?? :P

Is it possible to post pictures on here yet?
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Next

Return to h-body.org info