Vote: Stay here, go back to V8Monza, or.....?

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

What should we do with these forums?

Stay right where we are at http://www.GMPerformance.org/hbody
30%
Move to H-Body.org pronto. Thanks, Dennis!
57%
Go back to V8Monza.com with this site in hand.
7%
Start a new domain named H-BodyForums.com or something
5%

Total votes : 56

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:25 am

You can't just do that. Usernames will have cross-posted information, not to mention that many usernames share the same user_id between sites.

It's not an impossible fix but it will take time to rectify.
later,
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby ColinOpseth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:42 am

Buscop wrote:Once we settle on a scheme of doing things, maybe now that forum can be merged with this one without too much drama... ???

Oh I like that quote....I can see a Rodney King moment!

Buscop,
I don't think there's any real drama going on here. I want to iron out the details. It seems I probably won't be hosting the site even though I have a reseller account with much better server specs. My server has not rebooted in almost a month and a half. It is very stable.

Status for www.gmperformance.org as of 9:39 on July 12, 2006
System status 09:39:46 up 46 days, 23:06, 0 users, load average: 0.63, 0.95, 1.40

If I'll be the main admin of the boards on hb.o i'd be more inclined to do the merge even though my reservations probably won't be addressed, anyway.

Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

RE

Postby danarmstrong » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 pm

I'm with Doug, I like it here and it is easy to navigate, I will contribute ti this site if it takes that to remian add free, If Colin wants to advertise to make it worth his while I am cool with that too. Unless there are pop ups those suk but ads don't bother me.
I bought parts from Bob also and had no problems getting them and was happy. So it is nothing personal toward V8monza its just how things work out sometimes.

Just my 2 cents
Dan
danarmstrong

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Previous

Return to h-body.org info