logging in on dial up problem

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

logging in on dial up problem

Postby AusRs » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:23 am

moose has been trying to log in for the past 2 days on dial up ...cant get into the site .....any known issues ???
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Re: logging in on dial up problem

Postby Flyingbowtie » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:41 am

AusRs wrote:moose has been trying to log in for the past 2 days on dial up ...cant get into the site .....any known issues ???

I'm on dialup also, I've had no problems logging in the past couple of days. Must be on his end, have him make sure he is allowing Cookies, just a suggestion. :D
Flyingbowtie

1979 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby monzamess » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 am

A few questions and suggestions if you have contact with him:

Does he have problems with other sites?

What happened when he tried to log in here? (does it give an error, just timeout, etc)

When did he try it?

Definitely clear out cookies and try again.
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby AusRs » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:06 am

will chat with him tonight and find out whats going on his end !
AusRs

Postby AusRs » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:42 pm

thanks for playin go between ausrs.... have 52 other sites book marked, no trouble at all with them 1/2 of which I need to sign in to, np there either....cleared cookies 5 times now including today no go... wont even let me bring up the page at all, always tells me page cannot be displayed no matter which way i try to get in... tried that other link nogo there either.... have tried every day since
thanks for playin go between ausrs.... have 52 other sites book marked, no trouble at all with them 1/2 of which I need to sign in to, np there either....cleared cookies 5 times now including today no go... wont even let me bring up the page at all, always tells me page cannot be displayed no matter which way i try to get in... tried that other link nogo there either.... have tried every day since. after a minute or 2 it just says "page cannot be displayed" or " site unavailable"... this is only happening at h-body and h-body FAQ sites since the switch and np anywhere else even on locked sites i go to..... thanks for your help all hope to see you soon... moose
AusRs

Postby DjTy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:34 pm

have moose go to "start" - "run" and enter "cmd".

it will open a ms-dos prompt black window.

in there enter: "ping h-body.org" and to check "ping google.com" both should not time out (if the site is up :P) if h-body.org times out you may have a firewall blocking the site.

if it doesn't time out you may need to put your Internet exlorer back to it's default security and advanced settings. it might be blocking.

in internet explorer go to "tools" (top menu) then "internet options" and a window opens with lots of tabs.
of the tabs you need to put "security" & "advanced" to their default levels (buttons provided to do that), and you need to check if by any chance h-body is at the blocked sites (in the "privacy" and "security" tabs)

Everything I ""quoted"" is an option or (command) name you should be able to find in the menus of internet tools.

Another pretty good and easy way to bypass the problem moose has is to download and install Mozilla Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
and see if that does access h-body.org. if it does moose's internet explorer has a bad setting for sure
-Chevy Monza '76 2+2 V8 262ci (old) -> 355ci (oil problem) -> 355ci (piston broke) -> 350ci (current) ... LOL
-Opel Kadett E 1985 1.2Litre (Back up, had a broken condensor :P still need to find replacement accelerator pump membrane...)

My Monza in Cardomain!
DjTy

1976 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzamess » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:54 pm

When we moved to a new host, there were a handful of weird issues with logging in, but it was resolved for everyone after a couple of days.

I hope he isn't blocked from the new host. I thought he just couldn't log into the forums but if he can't get to h-body.org at all, DjTy's suggestions are definitely worth trying.
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:51 am

My guess is somewhere between his provider and this site's host there was a hickup. He needs to do a tracert to see where the problem lies. The board has been up without issue.

Later!
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby shytebucket » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:13 am

Tell Moose to type "http://h-body.org/" in the Address Bar (don't use a bookmarked link). If that works just delete the old bookmarks and add new ones for the forum and FAQ.
shytebucket

BACK lol

Postby ozzymoose » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:25 am

Not sure what the issue was with the last host was, but when we switched it just would not work.... now monza mess has switched hosts again not only does it work but it is 3 times faster at my end ....... must have something to do with that doofus with the silly lookin pic lol .... good computer techs are hard to find ..... thanks all , good work and nice to be back without having to go all technical just to get on...... h-body rocks lol :D (yip im tragic)
If it aint broke hit it with a sledge hammer!!
ozzymoose

Postby AusRs » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:04 am

well my issues hopefully have cleared up as well :)
looks like we are both back !
AusRs

Return to h-body.org info