most viewed -vehicles-again

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

most viewed -vehicles-again

Postby mldeolde » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 pm

COLIN OR SOME ONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS PART OF THE BOARD. IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS. I WAS AT ABOUT 1400 AND SOMETHING JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO THEN I CHECKED OVER THE WEEKEND I WAS AT 2500 AND NOW TODAY ALREADY THREE HUNDRED MORE. IT'S JUST NOT BELIEVABLE ANY MORE FOR ME. HOW IS THIS HAPPENING???? IS THERE A EASY WAY SOME ONE CAN SCREW WITH THE FIGURES OR IS EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD BEEN CHECKING OUT OUR SITE AND ADDING TO THE NUMBERS. PS: i've come to terms with not being number one any more so it's not sour grapes but the dramatic changes in so short of a time leads me to believe me something is going on here that's not kohsher.......... :roll:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:29 am

It could definitely be a webcrawler script that's running the totals up.

I'm wondering if Dennis would be interested in modifying .htaccess to disallow access to garage.php

I also believe that it can be done through phpBB, too. Maybe Dennis will chime in?
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby monzamess » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 am

I temporarily disabled robots.txt files until I can sort them out (I think we have a couple different ones) so maybe that's the problem? I did it hoping search engines would index our site better since they can search it better than any of the on-site searches.

I'll look into it later.
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Return to h-body.org info