Searching

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Searching

Postby res0o7eb » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:37 am

Need some help with some fixes to searching:
1. How to search just an individual forum like General Discussion?
2. A multi-page result of a 'global' search using the left-sided menu selection displays the first page, but there is no way to get to the following pages. OK, I figured this one out. When a thread has multiple pages and there is an [all] selection, the page tracker in the lower left corner will show "Page 1 of 'x'" and the page navigation is removed. Sometimes the search will return this "[all]" page.
3. Scrolling thru a forum using the lower right 'pages' only allows the first or last three pages initially. After that, it is basically one page at a time. For example:
1, 2, 3, ... 25,26,27, Next Page one options.
Previous, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... 25, 26, 27, Next Page 3 options.
So, from the first page, it is possible to skip ahead two pages. But, every subsequent page only allows the next page to be selected. It is not possible to scroll past the next page or easily get to the middle page of the thread. Would be nice to be able to do that. Also, a goto page input box is needed, too. Same thing happens when trying to scroll from the end page.
Last edited by res0o7eb on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
res0o7eb

1977 Pontiac Sunbird Hatchback

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 am

Currently, there's no way to search by forum. Dennis has setup the search to use Google, instead.

There's no pagination mod to allow more than the first 3 or last 3 page options, sorry..
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby monzamess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 am

When we got kicked off the last host for excessive resource consumption, I thought searches might have been the culprit. I'm still not sure but I'll consider bringing them back. It's a huge load on the server, especially the initial indexing, and I figured if Google can carry the load, why not let them do it...
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Return to h-body.org info