Acting NEW

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Acting NEW

Postby jgcabriolet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:54 am

Well, have been a member since 2007 but don't seem to be able to figure out how to do a couple things. One is how to add a picture to a for sale post and the other is how to get email address added to my profile. Anyone got any suggestions or experience on these.

Jack
1976 Vega Sport Coupe with Cabriolet Package
jgcabriolet

1976 Chevrolet Vega Notchback

Re: Acting NEW

Postby Monza Harry » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Jack, You already have an email icon under your avatar part, between "PM" and the "Garage" (the envelope) this isn't a regular eMail link, it goes through H-Body and you receive it as a message from H-Body.Org (at least that is how mine come in). if you want to include your eMail in an ad, just type it out and the system will usually turn it into a functioning link. As for the pictures this is sometimes not hard and other times a little challenging. I start out by typing my message out. Then I go to the bottom where it says "Upload Attachment" and left click then left click box next to browse, this brings me to "My Pictures" in my computer, then 1 left click and then a right click. then an attached window opens from there I choose "Open With Windows Paint", (You may have to make your computer find this program it comes in all Windows operating systems but some times is hidden) Now you can click "Resize", towards the upper left, now this is the frustrating part for me, I pick Pixels and go 800 X ??? (1200 I think) it will do the next pixels automatically. Then this is the part that frustrates me, the board will let me load some pic's at this size but another it will say that the file is too big with the same settings, so from there I just guess until "I Give" or it works. As for a tip when you name this pic I choose the same name as the original, but I add an R after the name to tell me that it is "Resized" easier to pic it out from the hidden file :bang: . I know this is clear as mud but fool around with it, we figured it out I am sure you can! (if not you will have to hire a 12 year old for help like many of had to, :oops: ) This seems to be a problem for many, (myself included) It was delayed for me for a couple of years until I kept at it and sought professional help, not that kind :rolleyes: (see earlier paragraph) I am sure others will clarify as you go along. Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby NVEGAR8D » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:32 am

Hi,
I find that if i have the pics in my picasa and export to another file that resizes them to 640 pixels i never have a problem with attaching them to a journal .
nick75vega
NVEGAR8D

1975 Chevrolet Vega Hatchback

Postby jgcabriolet » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks for the suggestions and help will give them a try.

Jack
1976 Vega Sport Coupe with Cabriolet Package
jgcabriolet

1976 Chevrolet Vega Notchback

Postby bugdewde » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28612

See if this link helps..... I posted some screen shots a while back with instructions in them to describe how I use the previously mentioned "paint" program to resize pics.

The picture's file size has to be under 256k..... file size, not physical size.
I think Harry's problem with some pics loading and others don't is because he's choosing pixel size 800x??? Which is the physical size of the picture (like 5x7, 8x10, wallet, etc). This probably doesn't account for the resolution (or detail/clarity) of the pic (think of a small picture with amazing clarity and detail vs a large picture with lesser resolution being the same file size -256k).
Dwight

'72 Vega GT Kammback, 215 V8
'73 Vega Wagon - Currently in Limbo....
My rides: http://www.cardomain.com/id/bugdewde
bugdewde

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Return to h-body.org info