At times this site gets pretty trashy

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby djv8ga » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:13 pm

I do things in my Vega that I would never do with any child in the car. I would also never tell a 8 or 13 yr. old about those things either. Does that mean I should never post those things? Kids can read also. This site is PG at the worst and it's up to the adults to monitor what the rug rats are viewing.
Last edited by djv8ga on Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djv8ga

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby Buscop » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:20 pm

Ahhhh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Re: hammerdown7

Postby barebonesracecars » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:52 am

hbodyfan wrote:Good riddens! Who cares what hammerdown thinks or has to say! He's just made someone posted a picture of his old lady sitting on that blue Subaru! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget Dick, he has problems. Can someone re-post the pics. I want to show the guys at work. They would get a kick out of them

If these were serious posts, I guess I'd have to say they are a perfect are example of "crossing the line', in my opinion. He may simply have meant this as a joke, but without stating them face-to-face, it's hard to tell.

I've been away from here for awhile and missed all of this.....just now getting caught up. I'm sorry to see Dick gone, as well. He and I had several email exchanges about rear disc brakes, and it was he who contact Scarebird Mechanical after I built my set-up and got Mark Janus to build a bolt-on set of caliper brackets for H-bodies.

Good riddance? I wouldn't say that.

I'm not offended by off-color jokes and naked women, but I personally don't want to see either of them here. I come here for car talk. And, as someone else mentioned, we certainly don't want to turn off any female or under-18 H-body owners that show up here.
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Re: hammerdown7

Postby Tailssideup » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:49 pm

barebonesracecars wrote:
hbodyfan wrote:Good riddens! Who cares what hammerdown thinks or has to say! He's just made someone posted a picture of his old lady sitting on that blue Subaru! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget Dick, he has problems. Can someone re-post the pics. I want to show the guys at work. They would get a kick out of them

If these were serious posts, I guess I'd have to say they are a perfect are example of "crossing the line', in my opinion. He may simply have meant this as a joke, but without stating them face-to-face, it's hard to tell.

I've been away from here for awhile and missed all of this.....just now getting caught up. I'm sorry to see Dick gone, as well. He and I had several email exchanges about rear disc brakes, and it was he who contact Scarebird Mechanical after I built my set-up and got Mark Janus to build a bolt-on set of caliper brackets for H-bodies.

Good riddance? I wouldn't say that.

I'm not offended by off-color jokes and naked women, but I personally don't want to see either of them here. I come here for car talk. And, as someone else mentioned, we certainly don't want to turn off any female or under-18 H-body owners that show up here.

Dont worry about scaring off too many under 18 year old H-body enthusiasts. Being one myself, we pretty much let anything fly, except for the just downright distgusting. I hate to see any member leave a site because he could of been a very contributing poster. But alas, I havent seen the picture in question, dont care too either but if it was offensive enough to make him leave, we might want to double check what we are posting. Like someone said before me "If its questionable, its probably not good"
1980 Pontiac Sunbird
Tailssideup

Postby barebonesracecars » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:35 pm

I understand what you mean. My teen years are long behind me, but I probably wouldn't have been offended then, either.

For the moment I'll assume you are 16-19 and have one of these cars. I guess I was thinking about, say, a 12-15 year old, with maybe mom or dad keeping tabs on his/her internet surfing, and one of them happens to see something we've posted here that is or could be considered offensive.

Then there are the ladies. I know there are at least 1-2 of them registered...one of those from the old V8Monza board (can't recall her name right now). She probably wouldn't be offended either, but many others might not care for guys' locker room humor, especially if it is directed at them in general.

I see you're from Grafton. If Bill gets us a place located to have another car show this year (what would have been the 4th Annual Vega-Monza Show at Salem, Ohio), you'll have to join in....car or no car.
Reid

*1979 Buick Skyhawk SCCA/street/show*
(with Buick 350 power on deck)
barebonesracecars

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Postby Tailssideup » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:15 pm

Yeah, I would love to come down to your meet. My car is currently undergoing issues right now, MIGHT need a frame straightener if I can even doit to this type of car. If not, I think I will have to try for another H-body. I know there is another Sunbird in the area, not sure on specs just have seen it going to and from work. But if anybody has a running, or close to running one please PM me. Preferrably Notchback. Also, I might of talked my girlfreind into this site also, so she might be a member. Sorry to jack this thread a little.

-Tails
1980 Pontiac Sunbird
Tailssideup

Postby hbodyfan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 am

Aaaah! Nothing like beating a dead horse guys! GET OVER IT!
hbodyfan

Postby Bacchus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:24 am

cjbiagi wrote:I'm not sure if Dick has actually left or not, but I would also hate to see anyone go because of some "offensive" posts. I didn't find them offensive, I actually enjoyed them. I didn't find anything that I would have considered offensive but everyone's differerent and I respect that. I do come here for H-Body related posts but if someone posts something questionable and they say that upfront, then it becomes a choice as to whether to look at it. Same as television or any other internet site. I don't want to see the site turn into something it's not, but an ocassional thing here and there is not a big deal to me. Dick, hope you stick around.

I agree with Clyde on this one. I think we need an "Off Topic" section that can be about anything non-H-body related. At least then people have a screen they have to pass. Don't want to read about off topic stuff? Don't go there. corvetteforum.com does this rather successfully.
1974 Vega Wagon
2007 Jeep GC LTD HEMI
2002 BMW 330XI
Bacchus

1974 Chevrolet Vega Kammback

Postby v8astregt » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I haven't been keeping tabs on this, but this site is about the most mild site I visit, seriously.

Go to like the S10 sites where there are a bunch of kids on there, THAT gets trashy. Being that I was there not too long ago, most teens have a pretty high tolerance of stuff on the internet. It's hard to offend them.

That's why if there is something remotely risky, put "NWS" in the title (Not work safe).
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby monzamess » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:11 am

Bacchus wrote:I agree with Clyde on this one. I think we need an "Off Topic" section that can be about anything non-H-body related. At least then people have a screen they have to pass. Don't want to read about off topic stuff? Don't go there. corvetteforum.com does this rather successfully.

That was the original intent of "General Discussion," with h-body material belonging in the more specialized areas. However that's not how it evolved and that's not how it's going to be--too much momentum to change now. So I've added an "Off Topic" forum. No warning screen yet, but maybe it will serve the purpose.
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Previous

Return to h-body.org info