At times this site gets pretty trashy

Notices, bug reports, etc. about the forums

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Buscop » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:23 pm

:arrow: Well I haven't seen anything that would be considered offensive to me but what the hell I'm an old guy who occasionally has to pick up warm body part just after lunch so my threshold is quite high. 8)

On the other hand ...I HATE SPAM. :spam: ..jokes, OK Spam..NO...real bad off colour jokes...well maybe we should make a special Adult only section for that. :censored: :shenanigans: :sure:
Russell G Hilder
1949 Model Wife
1979 Monza Wagon
2007 Harley FLHTCU
2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie
Buscop

1979 Chevrolet Monza Wagon

Postby ColinOpseth » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:58 am

Well,
I think that Monzamess and I would be in agreement that self-censorship is the most republican form of government here.

I think that hammerdown7 should have contacted an administrator first. I specifically added the "Report post" button to the site so that users could flag posts that were either offensive or spam-related.

I got no such report.

I'm sorry that Dick is leaving without contacting either Monzamess or myself, first. Good luck in your travels, sir, and you are always welcome here.
Later,
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

hammerdown7

Postby hbodyfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:48 am

Good riddens! Who cares what hammerdown thinks or has to say! He's just made someone posted a picture of his old lady sitting on that blue Subaru! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hbodyfan

Postby AusRs » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:54 am

trouble is whether hammerdown posted much or not he obviously read the forums !!!!!!
however
rather than making the statement he did .....pm site administrator and let them know his opinion !

great site
keep up the good work ..maybe just have a moderator appointed to spread the load
AusRs

1979 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby cjbiagi » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 am

I'm not sure if Dick has actually left or not, but I would also hate to see anyone go because of some "offensive" posts. I didn't find them offensive, I actually enjoyed them. I didn't find anything that I would have considered offensive but everyone's differerent and I respect that. I do come here for H-Body related posts but if someone posts something questionable and they say that upfront, then it becomes a choice as to whether to look at it. Same as television or any other internet site. I don't want to see the site turn into something it's not, but an ocassional thing here and there is not a big deal to me. Dick, hope you stick around.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby fyrftr50 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:59 am

Can't say it any better than Clyde. I didn't see the 'questionable material' but I haven't seen anything that would bother me, 99% of all posts are truly H-Body related here and that's all that matters. How this site is considered by ANYONE to be trashy is absolutely beyond me though.
Bryan
fyrftr422@hotmail.com

22 Mazda3 GS
20 Kioti CK2610HST
12 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
80 Chevy Monza Spyder

MONZA, SKYHAWK, STARFIRE & SUNBIRD ... http://monza.homestead.com/monza.html
fyrftr50

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

trashy site?-FYRFYTR

Postby mldeolde » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:01 pm

TOTALLY VISABLE BARE BREASTED "overweight " CHICK IN THE BACK ROUND OF A WEDDING TYPE FOREGROUND. I GOTA SAY IF YOU MISSED IT YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING WORTH SEEING. IT EVEN GROSSED ME OUT. I COULD SEE EVEN A POST REPLY LIKE DAVE DONALDSONS CHICK"looks like she could be a Playboy Playmate IN SUPER TIGHT AND SHORT MINI SHORTS AND HEELS. AT LEAST SHE'S WORTH LOOKIN AT. :roll:
mldeolde

1975 Chevrolet Monza IMSA

Postby hbodyfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:07 pm

Forget Dick, he has problems. Can someone re-post the pics. I want to show the guys at work. They would get a kick out of them. :lol:
hbodyfan

Postby 77 Spyder » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm

I have been a member of another popular car forum for several years.

Basically they don't allow political, religious, or racial based posts. If one pops up, its locked up. Those usually cause the biggest issues.

takes care of 90% of issues, but no one ever agrees all the time.

On that site, there are always guys just waiting to jump on someone when given the chance. Its pretty easy to take a look at involved users past postings, to get a feel for what kind of attitudes people generally have.

sometimes it just happens. & people can take things to heart.
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby DEMON Precision » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:50 pm

threads and posts are like TV shows you turn the channel if the content offends you it,s a simple as that if you don,t like what you see or read them move on . i forone enjoy the site and love the humor , i on here more then i,ve been on bob,s site . bob,s site is good but a little stuffy at times for my liking .

in the end it all bolis down to we have a common interest and that,s owning or being a fan of H-bodies m if the non H-body content offends you , skip the thread .
DEMON Precision

Postby Len » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:38 am

Whats all the comotion about?????
Nothing Ive seen or heard Here has insulted me.

Dont sweat it . There is no pleasing some people at any given time.

Thanks for the space to voice my opinion and keep up the good work.

Len
Len

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby SunbirdMan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:40 am

I think Hammerdown's concern was Family Friendliness. It takes a village to raise a child, and I don't mind trying to have a good environment for children here at our H-Village. I'm not the least bit offended by jokes or pics. But so far we don't have too many H-Babes in our membership, I'd hate to think they are repulsed by our men's room humor.
And going back to my first post in this thread, I'd rather not lose members over something like this. Heck, what if Hammerdown is the only guy who knows the answer to one of my questions? I'd rather have his input than not.
( I'm just expressing an opinion here, not trying to be the forum nanny or advocating censorship. I'm not being judgemental.)
Roger---------------------------------------------------------------
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
DIMENSIONS ARE IN INCHES
SunbirdMan

1978 Pontiac Sunbird Sport Coupe

Postby djv8ga » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:36 pm

I DO NOT believe that it takes a village to raise a child. It takes good parents. This board was not created to raise chidren or attract "babes". Maybe we should have a poll and put this issue to rest forever.
djv8ga

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby peterpan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 pm

maybe we should just be adults and watch what we post if its offensive to someone then we should respect them enough to not do it

adult humor is great as long as it don't go to far if someone don't like it then they should nicely say so so it can be taken care of no need to throw a fit and leave a good thing behind

i think this site has a good balance of adult humor and normal content its what keeps me coming here good info good people and entertaining posts to read nudity and offencive material should be kept out but some people have different feelings on offensive material just pretend there is a 8 year old sitting beside you when deciding what you are posting if its ok for him to see then its probably good

nothing i have seen has offended me
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby starfire383 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:41 pm

I've always thought of automotive forums as more PG-13 than PG-8
starfire383

PreviousNext

Return to h-body.org info