fiberglass parts (unlimited products)

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

fiberglass parts (unlimited products)

Postby peterpan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:13 pm

http://www.up22.com/

i got a vega lower valance race weght part needs modified for a street car

and a chin spoiler
second star to the right strait on till morning
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Unlimited front lower valance -72 vega

Postby littlevega56 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:53 pm

I ordered the lower valavce for my vega wagon. And am starting to fit it up. I centered it with the grill opening. The ends don't line up. They are off by 1" on each side. I measured my nos valance & it's 60" wide. Theres is 58" wide!!!! BAD!!! So I call them up. VERY RUDE!!! DON"T buy from them!!!!
littlevega56

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby ColinOpseth » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:46 pm

That's odd. I have been to their manufacturing site in Hesperia and they were very nice. In fact, they gave me a print catalog AND a CD catalog.
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby littlevega56 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Well colin , I didn't get a book or cd I bought a 71 to 73 front valance from them. I got the time to fit it up a few days ago. :roll: BUT when I held it up to the front end it was 2 inches SHORT!!! :oops: AND i say to my self . Well ill have to cut it in half & make it work!!! But NO I LOOK IT over REALLY WELL THIS TIME !!! AND THE GRILL OPENING IS ONE INCH NARROWER THAN THE original one i have. AND the ends are at a 90 degree. and mine are angled about 36 degrees. SO I say to my self. I'LL have to make 3 CUTS. ONE for the width of the grill section, And one at each end ... That is angled so it will line up with the fenders :lol: SO would you think this part is off a little. SO I call them , OR HER UP AT UNLIMETED AND SHE GETS :oops: AN attude RIGHT OFF.MAYBE THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR !!!!!! NOPE LADY ! IT ANT EVEN BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT. SO sholdn't it fit SHE asks. So i tell her this story. And she hangS Up on ME :shock: I really think the jig is off or worse. BUT All n All I have to fix it or send it back! And i'll loose 60.00 bucks :twisted Shipping ITS cheeper for me to just C U T it and fiberglass it back together And make it fiT RIGHT!!! THE finish on the part is gouge TO .. A pro didnot make this part. ITS not jell coated. It was ground fonished with a 3 inch disk high speed!! and primered with a can! of spray gray primer.. I will not ever buy from them A G A I N ... And i dident even get a CD :roll: THANKS FOR YOUR COMments LITTLEVEGA56
littlevega56

1972 Chevrolet Vega Kammback GT

Postby Sirshredalot » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:40 pm

I think that alot of thei parts where never meant for street cars.
I am betting that they manufacturer all of their parts to work with all of their other parts....so in order for that valance to work it should be bolted to their fiberglass one piece front clip.

I have been checking out their parts for a while and they seem to be decent....they just seem to be "race only" parts....although I would like to have a set of fiberglass doors....for the street....and a big ugly nasty pro stock hood scoop to cover the T-ram.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Return to Supplier Reviews