Rod n Race Fiberglass

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

Rod n Race Fiberglass

Postby monzamess » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 am

From an email from Rich Venza:

Hello,
I would like to request that my company be listed as a source for Vega and Monza fiberglass body parts. We have been producing racing and street fiberglass components for these cool cars since day one.
We may be the only source for the proper front spoiler and rear roll pans.
Best Regards,
Rich Venza
Rod 'n Race Fiberglass
http://www.rodnrace.com
Dennis
1980 Monza Coupe--collector of cob webs and kids' toys
2006 Honda Odyssey--daily driver
2011 Toyota Sienna--wife's
1995 Dodge Ram--for creating oil spots on the street
monzamess

1980 Chevrolet Monza Coupe

Postby zeke » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:44 am

Hi Rich;

How come none of u fiberglass guys seem to make the rear Monza 3 piece spoiler? Is it a licensing issue or something? Not enough call for?

Chris
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby spyder_xlch » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Chris, I don't think Rich will answer you unless you email him. That post was just an email from him.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zeke » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:03 am

I mailed him and he basically said there wasn't enough call for the spoilers when they were making moulds for Monza parts. :cry:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: Rod n Race Fiberglass

Postby evilcactuar » Tue May 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Thought I would chime in here, i ordered a front valance for a 72 vega from these guys, and it is very, very nice. Much nicer than the rears i ordered elsewhere. :( Shipping was very reasonable, but they had to make the part to fill the order so it took about two weeks. I didn't think it was that bad, but you guys should plan ahead if you're gonna need something.
evilcactuar

Postby greg72 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:24 am

That's not bad at all. In the H-body world waiting 2 weeks for a part is practically overnight! :lol:

Its good to hear that they manufacture quality products, so often that is not the case.....especially with body parts.
Greg
greg72

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby gotmud7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Rich Venza sold the company. I purchsed parts from him that he said fit. When I tried them on the 72 Vega it was too narrow. Front 2 piece spolier. The new owners agreed that it is known to be too narrow. I can stick my finger in the gap. They agreed to refund the money, after 5 months no money, no parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby dgas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:06 am

DON"T buy from Rod 'N Race, I ordered several parts on Feb 2, To date NOTHING except excuses and lies. :evil: I have filed a USPS fraud claim. After 3 name changes I should have googled them first. :shock: Just a heads up.
dgas

Postby gotmud7 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 am

I talked to them a few days ago. I still do not have a refund from August 2008. I agreed to a payment plan where they pay me back in installments. They are hurting for business. Always mention you are an h-body.org member when comunicating with them. I let them know I have 800+ Vega/Monza friends I talk to that need parts.
The only Vega's that only had a little rust were the ones still on the assembly line.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby lodilobo » Thu May 21, 2009 7:07 am

Rod N Race Fiberglass is under fairly new ownership. I ordered a '71 - '73 Vega front clip exactly 2 weeks ago, and visited their facility to pick it up yesterday. The front end looks good and seems to be high quality. A lot of people can bitch and moan, but my experience with Rod N Race was great. Eric, the owner, could use some orders to get things rolling a little smoother. I've seen some of the negative comments about his operation, and I don't buy into it. There are 2 sides to every story. I own and operate a small business, also, and I have come to learn that there are some customers that just can't be pleased. In this economy, you need all the work you can get. If you need Vega body parts, call Rod N Race and talk to Eric.
lodilobo

Postby gotmud7 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks for the info. Now that I know Eric has some money I will call him again. If you had a front spoiler put on the front end, it was probably one of mine.
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby superstocker440 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:04 pm

i bought parts from rod n race back in march of 2009. i have yet to see the parts. i have called and called and keep getting the same lines. i've asked for my money back and have yet seen it. they have over $1,000 dollars of my money. i notice that they moved and i can't find them, but i know they are still out there. because i been on there web site. i have hired a lawer and will find them and get my money back. i also got in touch with the better business bureau and they said they will get to the bottom of this. so beware and stay away!!
superstocker440

Postby gotmud7 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

I ended up getting my money back from the credit card company. The credit card company could not get their money back though. I ended up sending rodnrace an email everyweek for about 6 months after anyway just to let them know I was not happy. I would never order from them again.
Mark
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby twill24 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 pm

I also got ripped off from Rod N Race Fiberglass. I ordered $1264 worth of fiberglass in November 2009, Eric assured me he would have them done, I have seen nothing. I can't get in touch with them, they will not respond to my emails. I also have contacted the BBB, but no response as of yet. Rod n Race moved to Hagerstown, MD. This is definitely not good for business, ripping off customers! :evil:
twill24

Postby gotmud7 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 pm

If you used a credit card, contact them as soon as possible. I waited too long acording to the credit card company, even though I got my money back. I think RodnRace knows this and drags it out long enough where they can keep the money. Mark
gotmud7

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Next

Return to Supplier Reviews