78 Starfire parts

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

78 Starfire parts

Postby garagekept » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Hello looking for a rear key hole cover for a 1978 Starfire also need one inside door "starfire" emblem.Might be interested in a set of plastic rear louvers have metal but lost the key lock bracket.Any help would be appricated.
Thanks
paul
garagekept

1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

Re: 78 Starfire parts

Postby spyder_xlch » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Where are you located? Might be interested in swapping the metal louvers for the plastic ones I have. I'd have to check to see what shape the are in. I know one of the louvers for the side windows is missing a slat (part of it anyway) but I think the rear is in good shape. May be missing some screws.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Re: 78 Starfire parts

Postby garagekept » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi I am in springboro Pa just below erie.A long time back I lost the corner lock down plate that holds the bottom edge to the rear window.I think it was the passenger side.Some dumb ass driving the flatbed
put the car backwards.for what reason I don't know but it got lost on that deal.Louvers flew up and scratched the shit out of the roof which has been repainted since then.
Funny story you may want to hear.I was at a strip club with my friend one night.This guy walks in asd asked if anyone has a small silver car because some truck just backed into it..well I went running out there and a short guy in a pink shirt and green shorts was trying to leave a note..he was plastered! Anyway he didn't want me to turn in the damage(small dent in QTR Panel) to his insurance..I said ok but would have to get a estimate..well my friend at the Ford Garage told me $200.00 so I went back to him and said $550.00 because they can't match the paint and it needs totally repainted to match..he said ..OK...I ended up getting the paint job which is on it now done for free! ( this was in the 80's)When I went to pick up the car my buddy said "I didn't know that guy was a cop" I said "me neither" and almost fell over..find out a few years later he was fired bacause of misuse of the badge and suspect of bribe taking..I guess he didn't want anyone to find out he was at a titty bar either!
paul
garagekept

1978 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza

Return to Supplier Reviews