Rock Auto Sucks !!!! They should be called Rock UHT-OH

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

Rock Auto Sucks !!!! They should be called Rock UHT-OH

Postby Vega Joe » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 pm

I'd like to share my experience with this company , I ordered a fuel pump from there site that was listed to fit my car when I went to install it , it did'nt fit , So I called and spoke to Josh Told him my problem sent him pictures he agreed it was different then what was listed and ordered to fit my car , I even asked him if he could check the warehouse to see if the other pumps listed for my car would work , He got back to me and said no they would'nt and he would send an email with return shipping label for me to return the item ,Which was a lie because the airtex item they listed for my car did fit . I ended up going to advance auto to look at it , it was correct so I bought it , Now I got my refund from paypal and Rock Uht-oh didnt refund my shipping cost , I called and spoke to liz she told me it wasnt there mistake therefore they wont refund that to me even tho she saw the pics and agreed they were different I said your website told me it would fit , she replied WE DON'T GUARANTY THE PARTS WE SELL TO FIT YOUR CAR THAT OUR WEBSITE IS ONLY TO GUIDE YOU ...WTF is that ????????????????????? I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH A THING , There site even asked for engine code vin , she assured me she was the voice of Rock Uht-oh and that there was no further action to be taken on my part . I know alot of you use this company ,I just wanted you all to know what I was told .So reconsider before you buy from them . Because after this, Everyone I know WONT use them .
JOE
Vega Joe

1976 Chevrolet Vega

Re: Rock Auto Sucks !!!! They should be called Rock UHT-OH

Postby Fastmax32168 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Joe, sorry you had a bad experience but I feel I need to relay mine in order to be fair to this vendor. Some may know that I have a used car lot. I buy a lot of parts through rock auto because you just cant beat the price most of the time. I have done literally hundreds of transactions with this company and can count the times I have received something wrong or had a problem on one hand. they have always exchanged the parts for the right ones and have been professional and courteous with me at all times. Anybody can screw up but it is not the norm for these guys.
Roy
80 Monza Cabriolet coupe
94 Corvette Convertible LT-1 500+ HP
Trailblazer EXT LS6 powered
1991 K1500 6.0 LS swapped
Fastmax32168

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Re: Rock Auto Sucks !!!! They should be called Rock UHT-OH

Postby Vega Joe » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:09 pm

I understand mistakes , especially since our cars are hard to get parts for . but to advertise a part to fit , agree that its wrong and not refund the shipping ? we arent talking alot of money here , so I lost money because they said it would fit , how is that Fair ? and thats the right way to conduct buisness ? Not where I come from . I'm glad you have had a good experiences ,when you get treated like me , feel free to return to this post and make adjustments .
JOE
Vega Joe

1976 Chevrolet Vega

Return to Supplier Reviews