racingjunk.com

Post about where you buy H-body parts and who sells what. POST ONLY FACTS. Business reps can advertise here ONLY IF you sell H-body parts.

Moderator: Moderators

racingjunk.com

Postby sinisterblue » Wed May 13, 2015 11:26 am

Not really a supplier, but probably a site most are familiar with. I just want to say this has to be one of my favorite sites period! Many years ago I built a killer kawasaki ZX-12R drag bike. When I got tired of it and wanted to get back on 4 wheels, I soon realized if I sold it I was going to take a beating! I was told about racing junk so I looked it up and placed an ad for trade.

My very first attempt went bad... was going to trade for a 39 Plymouth in Michigan. I was told body was solid, just needed paint and the 350 Chevy in it ran great. Well I did the driving from Indy as he had no way to transport. 6 hour drive one way to find a big turd! The pictures he sent were very deceiving! My idea of rust free car was not poking your hand through the fender holes... Traveled home and said never again...

Then I received a trade offer from a guy in Pennsylvania. He was also gun shy as his first and only attempt went bad. We talked and emailed for a full month. We finally decided to give it a shot. We split the drive in half and met in Ohio. He was very happy with my bike and i was very happy with his car, a 1970 Plymouth Duster so we traded and became friends.

After that I went on to trade the Duster off a year later on racing junk for a 62 Nova. Traded the Nova off two years later for a 69 Corvette. Traded it off after 3 years for a 1940 Ford Sedan deluxe, and then traded it off 8 months later for the bad ass Pro Street Vega i have now (and plan on keeping by the way).

I have also set up three successful trades for friends who don't use a computer very often.

So it is possible to come across a bad deal once in a while, I would highly recommend visiting http://www.racingjunk.com and make friends and trades!
sinisterblue

Return to Supplier Reviews