Need some wiring diagrams - '72 Vega (and other questions).

Moderator: Moderators

Need some wiring diagrams - '72 Vega (and other questions).

Postby ColinOpseth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:12 am

Hey,
I don't seem to have the wiring diagram part of my '72 Vega shop manual. It is section 12. Can someone help me out and post the chassis/engine diagrams for me? If the images are too big you can email them to copseth(at)GMail.com

As well, I have a couple of questions. I have a LOT of broken/cut wires in my harness. How many grounds is this harness supposed to have?? It appears I may have as many as 10-15. Something isn't right here. Can someone tell me where I should have grounds located and where those grounds come from (or the wire colors).

I need to tap into the fuel pump power wire. Where is that wire located? I won't be running the oil pressure switch (just a pressure gauge with a light) so I will be splicing my LT1 harness' feed into that wire directly.

I'm going to be putting my battery in the car tomorrow. What do you all recommend for ground wires? Ground from the battery to body and battery to engine? I will also run a feed to the starter from the positive on the battery. My LT1 harness has a provision for the starter relay (solenoid). Do you think that's the only connection I need at the solenoid?

I am not a wiring guru. I can do almost anything else. If anyone can lend me some tech support I'd really appreciate it. I don't think I'll have the car on the road by Saturday but at least I can have it wired up.

Thanks a lot,
Colin
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby peterpan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 am

you have mail
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby peterpan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:00 am

did you get them
peterpan

1972 Chevrolet Vega

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:53 pm

I thought I replied back with an email. Oops.

Yep, I got them. I was out back with them stapled in a pamphlet yesterday. Got the car all wired up. Had a few small issues but I'm good to go after Painless Wiring emailed answers to my questions.

thanks!
Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Electrical and Wiring