H- BODY V-8 OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT/FUEL PUMP RELAY

Moderator: Moderators

H- BODY V-8 OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT/FUEL PUMP RELAY

Postby MIKESMONZA » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:29 pm

:?: IS THERE A PART NUMBER # :arrow: AND BRAND FOR THE OIL PRESSURE / FUEL PUMP SWITCH / SENDING UNIT THAT I CAN BUY LOCALY OR HAVE SHIPPED IN :?: 8) 8) MIKE :cuss:
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Mike, I have a new one if you need it. CJBIAGI@YAHOO.COM
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby MIKESMONZA » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:25 pm

CLYDE;,,,,, THAT WILL HELP :arrow: ALSO I SENT E-MAIL MIKE
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 77 Spyder » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:40 pm

As long as your on this topic, I have been thinking about converting my fuel pump system. I was considering installing a circuit that would run my fuel pump for 5 seconds when I first turn on the ignition. Then it would still require oil pressure to continue running.

Just thinking it would be fore quicker starts when the car sits for a length of time.

But then the flip side is, the extra cranking is always good for getting the oil pressure up before it fires.

It was just a thought, but would be easy to do.
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Funny you should mention that. Many years a go I installed a switch under the dash to manually turn on the fuel pump. I was concerned about excessive cranking time since my car sits long periods of time without starting sometimes. So, I flip the switch for about 10 seconds to fill the carb, then I turn it back to "normal" so that the circuit works as designed. This gets the car started up much quicker. It's a 3 position switch so if I leave it in the middle position no power ever gets to the pump, kind of a cheap anti-theft device. Of course now all you guys know it!!!!!!!!!
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby 77 Spyder » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:57 pm

cjbiagi wrote:Funny you should mention that. Many years a go I installed a switch under the dash to manually turn on the fuel pump. I was concerned about excessive cranking time since my car sits long periods of time without starting sometimes. So, I flip the switch for about 10 seconds to fill the carb, then I turn it back to "normal" so that the circuit works as designed. This gets the car started up much quicker. It's a 3 position switch so if I leave it in the middle position no power ever gets to the pump, kind of a cheap anti-theft device. Of course now all you guys know it!!!!!!!!!

How quick does your car fire after running the pump? I work in the electronics industry & we have these very small 12v timer control boards that have a n/o & n/c relay on them, & it can be adjusted to hold from 1 to 60 seconds. I was thinking of passing the pump wire through the relay before it goes to the tank. I think the relays are rated for 10amps not sure what the pumps draw.

PS, I saw your car in either hod rod, or hot rodding mag, Nice! :D
77 Spyder

1977 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby cjbiagi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:04 pm

If I prime the carb for about 10 seconds or so the engine usually starts on the first try. Otherwise it takes a while to get the fuel up to the carb after sitting for weeks or even a couple of months sometimes during the winter.
Thanks for the compliment, it is in the January Popular HotRodding.
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Return to Electrical and Wiring