Did the CS130 alternator conversion

Moderator: Moderators

Did the CS130 alternator conversion

Postby v8astregt » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 am

And I love it!

The Taurus fan killed my stock 63 amp alternator to the point where I'd be driving and I could see my headlights go from dim, to bright, to dim, etc.

So I went to the local "Pick n Pull" to search for a "core". Well I found a Buick Century with an alternator that still had the rebuilt Autolite tag on the side (CSK auto). So I buy it for $15 and bring it to Autozone to test it. Well turn out, it's good! So my planned $100 cost me $15... not bad! And all my problems are gone. At idle, my lights no longer are dim either. I guess this alternator charges at idle too so that's sweet!

Oh, and I bought a high-torque starter at the swap meet yesterday. I love that sound! Plus it just starts it so fast.
75 Pontiac Astre GT: 406SBC/TH350, roll bar, S10 goodies, down to 11.47 so far, more to come later.
v8astregt

Postby zeke » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:22 am

At idle, my lights no longer are dim either. I guess this alternator charges at idle too so that's sweet!

More poles per rotor, better quality steel and higher draw coils equals higher low-speed output.
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Electrical and Wiring