75 and up h-body wiper switch wiring

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeke » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Anyone here that has a vega and a dig cam, could u post a pic of the back of your wiper switch pls? :idea:

The back of the monza switch has a larger 5th brass tab that isn't used on mine, that could be the source of some confusion. :?:
Chris

zeke's 79 Monza Project

zeke's 78 Sport Coupe

Photographs posted by this user (zeke) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited
zeke

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby vegatex » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:46 pm

That fifth connector with the hole in it is just a lock for the connector as far as I know. Where you ground on the frame shouldn't matter, as long as all the blacks are grounded properly.
Dave English
"Vegatex"
'76 Cosworth Vega
denglish@ipapilot.org
vegatex

Postby MIKESMONZA » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:00 pm

After talking with Vega-Tex and Zeke,,,all week and some today I tried repeatedly to find the problem.,,,,,even changed a suspect wire with a fusible link on starter :?: I still need to find one wire that is elusive, a large wire with a ring in it After the weather gave me an opening to check some wire's,I disconected ''every thing'' and made notes :idea:from VegaTex :arrow: I found that when I upgraded the dash with a new volt meter,,, oil pressure mechanical,,,, fuel gauge, and temp electrical, tach/electric speedometer/ mech, :arrow: I used the h-body harness and "completely" for got about the car having an :idea: :arrow: amp gauge in the GT Custer.,,,, :arrow: The volt meter was the culprit along with the misplaced grounds , :arrow: I also had some black wires to deal with, That had voltage in them from a crossfeed now how ever they appear tame neg - after the volt gage was disengaged,now the switch has to be working or not so I came to the conclusion it may be all right but here is the kicker,,,,,when I go to the engine compartment and diconect every thing on the wiper motor ,with the ignition on and switch on I gently tuged on the arms and they swung with barely no resistance over to the driver side, then I pluged the two wires yellow and green to the motor it swung back, just like they should under power.then they stoped at the base.,,,,Now, with the single black wire hooked up nothing happened.,,,,,, :arrow: I tied positive and neg on a test lead nothing, So Vega Tex,,,,gulp swallow :oops: you were "right" I might of "messed" something "UP" :pook: :slap: , The car has lights,horn, turn signals brake lights, and dome light,and starts so just the wipers motors internal ground on one side of the circuit is suspect. :arrow:Mike that's my story and I an stikkkkking to it, thanks I still need a picture of a 75 VEGA OR MONZA GT dash from behind with wire's or no wires puuuuuleeeeesiiise, some assembly required, or is that some dis-asemble required. Jump in with opinions and fact,Thanks
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby MIKESMONZA » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 pm

:arrow: The car was inspected and tagged to day and every thing work's.,,,, :arrow: Thanks all to the h-body group and thanks to VEGATEX and ZEKE for their Ideals and Wiring experiance,,,,,,Mike 8) 8)
MIKESMONZA

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Previous

Return to Electrical and Wiring