Battery in the trunk- parts

Moderator: Moderators

Battery in the trunk- parts

Postby HAULIN' IT » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm pretty new to the site so I'm not sure if anybody has found & posted this or not. One nice thing about working with cars for a living, you get to see all different things to adapt to your hobby car. A while back I came across a neat vent hose set-up I thought I'd share since allot of guys mount their's in the tire well. A 2004ish Saturn Ion has the battery is in the trunk. On these cars there is a rubber vent hose that goes from side to side, pushing on the little vent ports on MOST all normal car batteries & then goes to a hose to the trunk floor. The part # is 22669796 & the grommet is # 25718300. Together both of these are less than $20. Also there is a nice 3-4 fuse holder (with a nice battery connection bolt) beside the battery, it appealed to me also (think fuel pump, nitrous bottle heater, ect.). I would consider the battery cables & all as good parts. I like to use factory parts & hardware on my builds when possible, they are engineered to be used everyday in various conditions. Check them out. Lorne
HAULIN' IT

Return to Electrical and Wiring