Ignition Key Switch Removal

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ignition Key Switch Removal

Postby Vegabee » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:34 pm

The tool kit was free to use by the way,pay/receive back a security deposit.This is the way my neighbor friend gets the wheels off.Loosens the nut to the top of the shaft but not all the way off the shaft.Sit back in the seat with both hands on the wheel and pull hard towards you while a friend using the large steel hammer gives the nut a wrap at the same time.Seems to pop right off,keep your mouth tightly closed not exposing teeth though.
A guy could weld up his own lock plate compressor I guess.
Vegabee

Postby Monza Harry » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:42 pm

I understand that today the "Loan-a-Tool" program exists, but I was doing it that way due to a complete lack of "Brains" back in 1979 up to [prior to when I bought my first Monza] 1982, I don't remember taking that apart on the Monza. I could have made a tool for the lock plate but I would have had to spend a Quarter, or at least look for a piece of steel and take time away from "Makin' it happen" at 17>20 years of age, patients had not yet delivered to my Stupid Ass!. The things we did when we were young to have a car, :bang: with almost no money! Today it seems rare to see "kids" in there early to mid twenties with a license [at least around here]. I carried the Manifold off of that first car almost a mile to school to get the broken exhaust manifold studs out, That was a Chevy 250 straight six, intake and exhaust together. My fingers were nearly bleeding by the time I got there! Ok enough of a trip down that painful memory lane! :lol: Harry
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby zzip » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks, nice pics and explanation

Peter
1988 Monza L4 2.5L
1989 Monza Spyder L4 2.5L
1990 Monza Spyder V6 3.2L
1991 Monza Spyder V6 3.8L
2013 Monza V6 3.8L
2014 Starfire V6 3.8L