windsheild wipper motor hook up?

Moderator: Moderators

windsheild wipper motor hook up?

Postby monzamaniach » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:38 pm

my monza was about to be stripped of all its perfect interior and unneed acc. for drag racing, luckly i got it befor that happened. although they did remove the windsheild wipper motor. i found one in a parts monza and all the works with it( arms, mounst etc.) it fits perfect except it has three prongs on the motor and my car has 5 wires(orange, yellow, blue, green, and black) i dont know how to hook this up. i dont care if it has high or low or intermitent just as long as they work although it would be nice to have all thoughs. thanks for any tips you may have
IF YOU CANT FIX IT WITH A HAMMER ITS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM HAHA
monzamaniach

Re: windsheild wipper motor hook up?

Postby cjbiagi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Does your car have pulse or intermittent wipers? It sounds as though it may have but the wiper assembly you bought is just a standard two speed one. I have standard wipers and it has the 3 wire hookup.
Clyde.........75 Monza 2+2
cjbiagi

1975 Chevrolet Monza

Postby monzamaniach » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:23 pm

i am not sure is there any way to just hook it up with what i got to have high and low?
IF YOU CANT FIX IT WITH A HAMMER ITS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM HAHA
monzamaniach

Postby stage169 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:59 pm

This might help. From what I see on my 77 Skyhawk schematic #91 dual white stripe black wire is for low wiper. #92 blue lt is for high wiper and #93 yellow runs the wiper motor when you turn on the windshield washer fluid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stage169

Return to Electrical and Wiring