Orange wire???

Moderator: Moderators

Orange wire???

Postby duckblaster67 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm

OK...I have a wiring diagram, but it shows the orange wire coming out of the firewall harness connection going to the blower motor. My problem is that there is a large purple wire with a condensor going to the blower already. The orange wire on mine is cut off at my harness. This is a '77 Monza Mirage V8 with AC that someone hacked the harness up on before we got it. If someone has a stock V8 monza with AC, could you please post a picture of the wiring for me? :bang:
duckblaster67

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Re: Orange wire???

Postby stage169 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Check this drawing and see if it helps. I think your orange wire is really red and has a connector that is just to the drivers side of the wiper motor. I think it is the same wire that supplies your hood light if you have one.

This drawing is for the 77 Monza with the 305 V8 (LG3) so hopefully it will help. If you need it bigger I could email. Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stage169

Postby chevyart » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:15 pm

brian. how the heck are you. regards to family. did the vegas(or monzas and others) come with a hood light. is it a part i can get, say from another chevy to install on my vega? i think i know the red(or orange) wire you are referring to. thanks art
chevyart

Postby stage169 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:20 pm

All good here Art thank you!

Not sure on the Vega but I have more info and have seen a repro hood light that should work for you. Just got home so I'll PM you later tonight. Brian
stage169

Return to Electrical and Wiring