what exactly is my vega?

Moderator: Moderators

what exactly is my vega?

Postby jcwhitley » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:08 pm

So first of all I just joined this site because there seems to be quite a few knowledgeable H-body folks on here, and what better site to learn from?
I am picking up a 73 vega on Monday and would like to know if it is a base model, gt, etc. it has the wood trim in the door panels but since it has been narrowed and tubbed, and setup for a sbc, The dash has been ripped out of it (and looks like im going to have a helluva time trying to locate one) I guess my question is even if my 73 ISNT a GT can I still put GT dash, bezel, and instrument cluster in it? The GT setup in my opinion looks much better and reminds me of the 70 and 71 Camaros I used to have. I'm sure I will be full of questions as time goes on, but I am more of an 'Old School' guy and like to retain the stock look of a car, all the while having a pretty nasty street rod.. I am hoping to meet some cool people on here, and I will also be acquiring SEVERAL spare parts for a 73 with this purchase so maybe if things go well we can all start a little horse trading lol.. Anyways to whom it may concern my name is Clint and don't hesitate to say hey..
jcwhitley

Re: what exactly is my vega?

Postby rm617 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Hey Clint. Welcome to THE best place for all things H-body. I would suggest that you post this in the General Discussion forum, there is a lot more "traffic" over there. :D
Ron
1977 Monza Mirage 20,000 original miles
Featured in Hemming Muscle Machines magazine January 2005 issue.
rm617

1977 Chevrolet Monza Mirage

Return to Electrical and Wiring