pictures needed of blower motor

Moderator: Moderators

pictures needed of blower motor

Postby BBM66 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Well, getting closer to installing the engine. Once again however, the evil electrical monster has me confused. My 73 was an air conditioned car so it has that harness. Ive already eliminated the AC wiring, so thats not an issue. The problem is that the thing was all in pieces when I bought it and I'm not quite sure where everything plugs in. Here is a pic of the blower motor wiring harness. I know the plug needs a high speed relay plugged into it, but where does the other wire, spliced into it, go? there are two such plugs. One from the motor harness and one from the main harness. What would really help me is some pictures of the blower motor with everything attached so I can see what wires go where. Ill be glad when the wiring part of this project is behind me...geez!

Thanks for the help...Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Fleet:
1963 Chevrolet Impala-Miss Jean Marie
1973 Vega Hatchback
1995 Honda Civic
1965 Chevy C-10 Pickup
2004 F-350 Super Duty
BBM66

Re: pictures needed of blower motor

Postby Monza Harry » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Well Bill I know for sure that the single round one is the one for the blower motor the capacitor (condenser) goes in-line to remove most of the electrical "noise" and it has been a while since I worked on any of that but I am sure the other plug should be the "resister" for the speed control on the fan. That is near the centre (center) of the blower housing on a Monza (I am sorry I don't know where on the Vega) it is usually held in with two hex head screws and looks like a giant twin filament light bulb without the glass when you pull it out. Harry
Resistor1.jpg
Resistor2.jpg
[EDIT] I got a picture on here I must have done something wrong :?
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Return to Electrical and Wiring