Perm-a-cool fuel filter/water seperator

Post reviews of H-body products here. UNBIASED REVIEWS ONLY. NO ADS.

Perm-a-cool fuel filter/water seperator

Postby Sirshredalot » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:55 pm

Well...I know its not an H-body specific parts but It can be used on an H-body...and will be.

I just got my Permacool fuel/water seperator from a local speed shop.
Part number is 81794.
I paid about $41 US.

Its got (2) 1/2" NPT inlets and (2) 1/2 NPT outlets...with an advertised flow rating of 25GPM....thats 1500 gallons per hours....wow.

Its got a heavy cast aluminum housing that seems very durable and also seems to have a very low restriction design hence the flow rating. The Filter part of it is a fairly heavy steel canister with a very thick lip at the top for sealing.

I'll be using this with a 130gph fuel pump and 2 regulators after the filter.

I like the design because it uses NPT fittings which are MUCH cheaper than AN fittings and still offers a high performance flow rate....and can support high line pressure which is more than I can say for the FRAM alternatives which only support up to 25PSI...the permacool supports up to 90PSI.

The design is really nice and will suite my needs well, but My only gripe is that the inlets and outlets are not across from each other, but one inlet and one outlet on each side....that just means that I have to do a little more plumbing of lines.

Over all Id say that Im very happy with it....I also have a Mallory Fuel filter of similar quality (maybe better) but it cost over twice as much.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Unlimited Products. web address UP22.com

Postby monzajer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Their nose for the Monza needs alot of improvement. Buyer beware. Try to exhaust all other resources before purchasing from them. I would like to get a plain hood, but am looking elsewhere. I will gladly pay more for a product I can count on than to buy from them again. Others here have had similar, if not worse experience.
jer
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby Sirshredalot » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:51 pm

This review was for a fuel filter....?

If youre talking about fiberglass/body parts....please feel free to start another review post.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzajer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:05 pm

oops sorry
monzajer

Postby monzajer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:06 pm

oops sorry
monzajer