Unlimited Products www.UP22.com

Post reviews of H-body products here. UNBIASED REVIEWS ONLY. NO ADS.

Unlimited Products www.UP22.com

Postby monzajer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Their nose for the Monza needs alot of improvement. Buyer beware. Try to exhaust all other resources before purchasing from them. I would like to get a plain hood, but am looking elsewhere. I will gladly pay more for a product I can count on than to buy from them again. Others here have had similar, if not worse experience.
jer
monzajer

1977 Chevrolet Monza Sport Hatchback

Postby Sirshredalot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:35 am

Lets us know what was bad about it....Did it not fit right/well?
Was the fiberglass low quality?
Customer service? Price?

Please say a little more about their product so we can know what to and not to expect

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:57 pm

As suggested here are a few photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monzajer

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 pm

And here a few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monzajer

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 pm

This order took only about 4 weeks to complete. Good job. And another week to get to me. Godd job again.
I've read that some guys have had to wait as long as 10 weeks.

The fab shop does not work on Friday. So factor that into the 5-6 weeks lead time. It may change it to more like 6-7-8 weeks.

Part # MZ108 cost $299.00 s/h $104.23 Shipping weight was 50 lbs. I'm OK with that if only the item was of higher quality.

Gel coat finish is so-so at best.

The lady that helped me is very nice, but I have called EVERY day for the past week and there is always some reason why I can't get an answer as to IF they are going to rectify the problem and/or how they are going to help. Personally I think they are trying to wear me down until I give up.

Also, there is part of the item where the frp is so thin you can see the shadow of your hand.

What I failed to show are the 3/4" plywood they use to beef up the flange areas. This must be used for mounting. These seem to be quite sturdy and probably adequate, but are glassed in such manner they may require Alot of work to mount the nose.

I have not attempted to mount this, yet. The headlight buckets need to be relieved so as to not interfere with the front engine bay wall. If I cut on the part now I will have no chance in returning it.

I realize alot of after market fiberglass reinforced plastic (frp) does need work, but this seems excessive. Am I whining? Should I just deal with this? You guys judge for yourself and let me know.

thanks for the input. jer
monzajer

Postby monzajer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:45 pm

This order took only about 4 weeks to complete. Good job. And another week to get to me. Godd job again.
I've read that some guys have had to wait as long as 10 weeks.

The fab shop does not work on Friday. So factor that into the 5-6 weeks lead time. It may change it to more like 6-7-8 weeks.

Part # MZ108 cost $299.00 s/h $104.23 Shipping weight was 50 lbs. I'm OK with that if only the item was of higher quality.

Gel coat finish is so-so at best.

The lady that helped me is very nice, but I have called EVERY day for the past week and there is always some reason why I can't get an answer as to IF they are going to rectify the problem and/or how they are going to help. Personally I think they are trying to wear me down until I give up.

Also, there is part of the item where the frp is so thin you can see the shadow of your hand.

What I failed to show are the 3/4" plywood they use to beef up the flange areas. This must be used for mounting. These seem to be quite sturdy and probably adequate, but are glassed in such manner they may require Alot of work to mount the nose.

I have not attempted to mount this, yet. The headlight buckets need to be relieved so as to not interfere with the front engine bay wall. If I cut on the part now I will have no chance in returning it.

I realize alot of after market fiberglass reinforced plastic (frp) does need work, but this seems excessive. Am I whining? Should I just deal with this? You guys judge for yourself and let me know.

thanks for the input. jer
monzajer

Postby Sirshredalot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:23 pm

Dude....$300 is alot of money...it should be a better product.
Stick it out till they fix it.

God bless
-Shred
Sirshredalot

1980 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Jer,
PM me your information. I will drive over there tomorrow and speak with them IN PERSON.

Sorry for the small picture size, I took these with my phone's camera. Here's the front sign..

And their shop:

I need your order number, how you paid, when the order was submitted/received and who you've spoken with that has been nice but not helpful. I also need your full name and phone number. I WILL speak with them tomorrow.

Colin
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Postby spyder_xlch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 am

Colin, wear a suit and tie and carry a briefcase when you go, tell them you are Jeri's attorney.:lol:
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzajer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:24 pm

OMG, you make me laff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
monzajer

Postby spyder_xlch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Atleast they'd take you seriously then.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzajer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:40 am

Well, Colin went to see them on Friday and, of course, there was no supervisor around to help. Go figure. So, I called on Monday and spoke with Rebecca again and she said the supervisor was not in, yet, and she would call in about a hour. I said to her they have a bad reputation and need to fix this problem. Her reply, "I'm working on it. I can't rush him he's MY boss." As if she bugged him and he would get pist and she didn't want that. Anyway, so further into the conversation she said "I'm working on it. You sent that guy(Colin) here on Friday. We usually deal with the customer." I told her he is representing me and the 1000 plus member club because I can't be there. "OK, I will call in about an hour." No call--what a surprise :evil: :evil: . I think they have no intentions of fixing this. So far, their customer service is piss poor. I am sticking with it, but sure am pist. I wish to express my extreme thanks to Colin for the effort he has put forth. Thank you Colin, for me and the rest of the H klan. jer
monzajer

Postby jdandboo@hotmail.com » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm

LOL_bein in auto salvage I have used that "wear them down"technique-Not proud,But,unfortunately, I DO expect to lose 10 customers every time I do it.No joke-word of mouth IS your best advertising.But sometimes peeps are trying to get a perfect part for their 91 corsica,,And they refuse to understand that a little pitting on a glass headlight doesn't warrant me paying shipping to return a 20 year old part(just trying to say i use my weapons very wisely)
But,alas-you got a part that dont work-period-unless you plan on filming Mad Max 4-Keep on em,,No reason your baby should look like something bought off the set after Dukes of Hazzard was cancelled
Hopefully you bought it with a CC???They defo give the Consumer the edge-call your CC company and tell em you bought a POS and now the company refuses to acknowledge your existence_With them,,they have their hand straight into the companys acct-they can pull the money bacy so fast itll make their rent check bounce
jdandboo@hotmail.com

Postby spyder_xlch » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 pm

That's a good point about credit cards. I don't use them, I don't have any. My wife does. I may have to consider using her card for a purchase like that.
spyder_xlch

1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby monzajer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 am

jdandboo, appreciate the CC tip. I'll try that. Yeah, they are still saying "..my supervisor (this), my supervisor (that)" Bunch of BS. Nobody trying $h*t. Call 3 more times this past week. Same $h*t. BBB will be contacted, even tho they only register complaints and don't do anything to help after the fact. A person has to go there first to see how many complaints have been filed against a company. thx for the tip> I'll post updates

thx jer
monzajer

Next

Return to Product Reviews