American Autowire '70-'73 Camaro Harness

Post reviews of H-body products here. UNBIASED REVIEWS ONLY. NO ADS.

American Autowire '70-'73 Camaro Harness

Postby vegatex » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 pm

In case you missed it in my Alternator post:

Folks, I've got to tell you I'm thoroughly impressed by my '70-'73 Camaro wiring harness from American Autowire. This thing is so complete it even has the washer circuit for the wipers. I'm going to have to add the Add Coolant circuit, which will require one wire through the firewall to the computer that isn't in the harness. Also, I may add the seat belt circuit with the warning light only when the driver's belt is not buckled (no timer or buzzer). There are built-in extras for the electric fuel pump and for ECM power as well as optional dash set-up depending on whether or not you have aftermarket or stock gauges. A very basic knowledge of auto wiring and soldering skills will help the novice.

If you ever have to re-wire your h-body I've got to tell you BUY THIS KIT!!! It's got everything you will need and more!

Best,
Dave
Dave English
"Vegatex"
'76 Cosworth Vega
denglish@ipapilot.org
vegatex

Re: American Autowire '70-'73 Camaro Harness

Postby ColinOpseth » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:38 am

Excellent review. I'm going to move this to the Supplier forum. If I ever have the need for a harness I will buy from these guys.
'72 Vega with '93 Camaro LT1/M29 T56/12 bolt 3.31. 16" IROCs all around. Sanderson headers into duals with an H-pipe and Flowmasters. It's loud but at least it's faster than your grandma's Buick. pwned.
ColinOpseth

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT

Re: American Autowire '70-'73 Camaro Harness

Postby vegatex » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:09 am

ColinOpseth wrote:Excellent review. I'm going to move this to the Supplier forum. If I ever have the need for a harness I will buy from these guys.

It would probably work as well on a Monza, too. The 68-69 Firebird kit might be better for a 4-headlight car.
Dave English
"Vegatex"
'76 Cosworth Vega
denglish@ipapilot.org
vegatex

Return to Product Reviews