My Classic Car - tv show

Post event information here

Moderator: Moderators

My Classic Car - tv show

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Has anyone ever caught an episode of this show where the host talks about ANY H-body? The host seems to love a car with history. I have reviewed many seasons and episodes of this show to find not one H-body unless I missed it. I am in season 12 now. Are the h- bodies that rare now when they used to be plentiful? How do you respond when someone says that a non-concours restoration of a Vega is a waste of money that you will never recoup? Your body tag says it was originally painted ...blue..who changed it? Is that what to expect when my Vega is ready for show???...peace.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Re: My Classic Car - tv show

Postby Monza Harry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

74_Vega_GT wrote:Has anyone ever caught an episode of this show where the host talks about ANY H-body? The host seems to love a car with history. I have reviewed many seasons and episodes of this show to find not one H-body unless I missed it. I am in season 12 now. Are the h- bodies that rare now when they used to be plentiful? How do you respond when someone says that a non-Concours restoration of a Vega is a waste of money that you will never recoup? Your body tag says it was originally painted ...blue..who changed it? Is that what to expect when my Vega is ready for show???...peace.

I no longer am able too watch that show [that is the Dennis Gage one correct?] I never seen an H-Body up until my provider left us hangin'. As for "Concours Correct" You're paying you should be happy, as for re-cooping your investment that is best spent else where than an H-Body IMHO, [return in these and many others is in the hunt, uniqueness and the journey] some builds will do better than others but the "Big Bucks" investors looking for H-Bodies is a "Niche" market so make YOU happy is my suggestion! As an aside if you did a 100 point resto, some @$$Hat would come up and give you unlimited grief because you didn't do a SBC with side pipes and a "Motion" stripe, again you should be happy as at least half the people will think you need a psychiatrist and half will think you are a "God" Harry :th:
I'm not a hoarder I'm a preservationist 78 Monza Spyder (~Soon(ish +/- I guess) To Be 2+2 with Spoilers)
Monza Harry

1978 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 79MonzaSpyder » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Ditto on Harry. If I'm spending the money, and it's going to be my project, that I will drive, then I will build it the way I want. If other people like it, then Great, if not tough luck, go buy one and build it the way you want. I value an honest opinion from a fellow comrade but at the end of the day its my money and my car. My money means I get to build it the way I want and be happy with the build. As for making money I look at it this way, Its a labor of love to have something usual, rare, old, and maybe worth something, I would build a Mustang, Camaro or Cuda if I wanted to be like every guy out there. I want to be the odd one. For me its a hobby and it keeps me out of trouble for the most part, other than with my wife who thinks I'm nuts wasting my time turning wrenches on them. I don't plan on selling any of my restored or project cars and trucks, my kids want them all which is just fine by me. The amount of money I have spent on most of them, I would have to take a loss if I sold them so I'd rather my kids get to enjoy them, worth more than the money to me. To see a car I once owned and then passed down to my kid, only to end up getting it back again, restoring it and then having him get it back when I die is pretty cool to me.
The Fleet
2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6
79 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup Fully Restored with matching 78 11' Camper
80 Monza 2+2, Cloned into a 79 Monza Spyder V8 4 Speed (Current Project)
80 Monza Spyder V6 Auto (parts car, sadly)
80 Honda CB750K Fully Restored with Custom Full Dress
80 Honda CM400A 10,000 Orig. Miles Full Dress
75 Honda XL250 Fully Restored (first vehicle I ever owned)
73 Honda SL125 off roader
72 Honda Motorsport 250 (XL250) off roader
79MonzaSpyder

1980 Chevrolet Monza 2+2

Postby 74_Vega_GT » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for the input. I was able to find an episode of that show with a vega...Season15 episide 5 i believe...a 72 or 73 vega.
>I Love the H-Body forum and am grateful for it and all its members contributions, disclaimer below is directed at search engines.
> Photographs posted by this user (74_Vega_GT) are the sole property of this poster. Any use without express written permission is prohibited.
1974 Chevy Vega GT Hatchback
1982 Chevy S-10 longbed 2.8v6 A/C
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Black
2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe,Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Silver Sapphire Blue
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster N.A., Aero-Blue
2008 Dodge Ram Longbed, Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
74_Vega_GT

Postby 79monztah » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:16 pm

My classic car was in Maine at Old Orchard Beach for their 25th annual car show 2018. I had attended the show, and summer of 2019 they had put it on tv. There was a 76 Cosworth he had interviewed( He is a local). I talked with Dennis for a few minutes, he didn't seem to interested in H-bodys to much.
79 monza spyder
79monztah

1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder

Postby BloFish » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:19 pm

I have not seen one with an H body, but he did a segment on my A body.
Last edited by BloFish on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BloFish

Postby cosvega76 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:08 am

79monztah wrote:My classic car was in Maine at Old Orchard Beach for their 25th annual car show 2018. I had attended the show, and summer of 2019 they had put it on tv. There was a 76 Cosworth he had interviewed( He is a local). I talked with Dennis for a few minutes, he didn't seem to interested in H-bodys to much.

Watch this episode here:
http://www.myclassiccar.com/episode/23/23/

Chuck
cosvega76

1973 Chevrolet Vega GT

Return to Car Shows, Meets & Gatherings